We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help and info on Jamaica

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Help and info on Jamaica

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have never been to Caribbean before so I don't know what to expect??

Thinkin of goin around feb as I was told this is hottest mnth??

Is there plenty of excursions etc??

Or is there any other islands can be recommended? I am open to any of the islands as long as it's hot!!

It's my husband and i anniversary

NY
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help and info on Jamaica

February is not the hottest month, but it should be nice. It is not rainy season or hurricane season. There is no place like Jamaica and once you go, you will always want to come back. There is plenty to do and many options for whatever you like. I also love that there are no water or tummy issues to contend with like in other places. Plan away and enjoy! There are mostly three places in Jamaica that are different in their own way. Negril, Ochos Rios and Montego Bay. If you are more specific about what you are looking for, people on this forum are great with info and suggestions. Congrats on your anniversary and IMO you won't regret choosing Jamaica.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help and info on Jamaica

Thank you for giving me some advice. So when is the hottest mnth?? Would Jamaica be the hottest out of all the islands?? I want somewhere with plenty of day activities and entertainment at night (not nightclubs) but the hotel has to be top class, 4/5star xx

Lake Villa
Level Contributor
334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help and info on Jamaica

Check out any Sandals in Jamaica. Remember, you get what you pay for! Jamaica is great and have been there 14 times. 15th visit is scheduled for JAN 2015. Main area for resorts are: Ocho Rios, MoBay, Negril (7 mile white beach) and Runaway Bay. Not big on Kingston.

United States
Level Contributor
11,664 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help and info on Jamaica

"Thinkin of goin around feb as I was told this is hottest mnth??"

On average, the last two weeks of Jan. is the 'coldest' time of the year. Feb. is the next 'coldest' month of the year. However, for Jamaica the term 'coldest' means that the average temperature will be in the low 80F range every day in Feb. If you wish to escape the UK during the middle of winter you will find lots of sun, warm temperatures, etc. in Jamaica during all of Feb.

"Is there plenty of excursions etc??"

Yes.

5. Re: Help and info on Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24