We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica - can TV's play from a hard drive?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
17 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica - can TV's play from a hard drive?

Hi, we are planning to stay in Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica for a few days in august. My partner likes to watch her favorite movies before bedtime, so we usually rely on bringing some selection with us.

I've noticed that while the rooms at Riu Palace are well equipped, there seem to be no DVD players available and i certainly don't feel like dragging one with me.

Does anyone know if Riu Palace's flatscreen TV's are setup to play from hard-drives?

Thank you for considering such weird question.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica - can TV's play from a hard drive?

I will check when we are there next week and let you know if no one else has replied

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica - can TV's play from a hard drive?

If you have a usb or hdmi cable and a open connection port, a remote hard-drive should work connected to a modern flat screen. My new tv has both ports to connect to. Usb is most common on hard-drives ie computers.

3. Re: Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica - can TV's play from a hard drive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:15