We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

Washington, Iowa
2 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

Hello,

I have trouble with caffeine and am diabetic. We will be returning to Jamaica next year and I would love to drink Appleton Rum and Diet Cola while there. It looks like they don't have caffeine free cola in Jamaica.

Is it possible to ship in a case of soda to my resort?

Thanks,

Shaun

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

It would be possible but also would be very costly, what about packing it, even if you paid for an extra bag I think it would beat the hassel and cost of shipping it.

2. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 20:28
Edited: 26 May 2014, 20:28
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

Transporting any liquids is expensive.

Walk around your local Walmart and look for products made in the United States/Canada etc.. They are all liquid items (fluids for your car etc...). Everything else is from Asia.

i agre with thevinnie. Call them and see if they carry what you need.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,813 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

Even if you used Fedex, UPS or DHL and had a tracking number and paid for expedited service, there is still no certainty that the package will arrive as promised or even arrive at all.

There is a market in MoBay called MegaMart and it may carry caffeine-free cola (it might be Pepsi, though).

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

They sell Diet coke at the Hi-Lo

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

I apologize I see now this is Montego Bay not Negril.

Washington, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

I looked into sending it by UPS and it cost $240 for a case of soda. I think I will just check an extra bag on our flight. That will cost less.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,813 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

There are 2 HiLo grocery stores in MoBay.

Stanwood, WA
Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

Hi Shaun G, We almost always travel with diet mt dew in our luggage. My husband is also a diabetic and since most other countries only offer diet coke or diet pepsi (both not allowed on a kidney friendly diet), he always packs two half racks of "the only diet with dew in it". :) He gets one in his checked bag, I get one in mine. We wrap them inside a large black garbage bag and tape it tightly with shipping tape and then we wrap it once again in another large black trash bag, tape it and it's good to go. Our luggage is also hard side which I think helps. Heck, it keeps most everything in it safe for that matter. We travel to Mexico often with dew in tow and it's never been an issue. Even hauled it to Puerto Rico a few years back and yes, it will be in our bags when we return to Jamaica this summer to renew our vows. "Knock on wood" but never once has there been any spillage. Have a wonderful trip!

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone shipped Caffeine Free Soda to Jamaica?

I second what flyn2lo said above. I always bring Coke Zero with me (can't always get diet coke and it isn't the greatest there) and I've never had a problem. I put the cans in a plastic bag then put the bag inside one of those soft sided coolers, sometimes wrap towels around the cooler in my bag and never had an issue with spillage yet.