We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hagersville, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

Hi all, we just booked our vacation for October 5th - 12th 2014 at the Riu Palace, Montego Bay. I'm SO EXCITED! Only........132 more days :(

Anyways, what is the weather like in October? How much rain would they get? I was looking online, it looks nice, but what is it like at night? It's hurricane season unfortunately, how common are bad storms down there? I plan on bringing one zippered hoodie sweater and one light jacket, is that enough? Too much?

I've seen some posts on this forum about Club MoBay. I've looked at the website, is it worth the cost? If anything we'd get both arrival and departure, so it would be another $160USD, is it worth it? Our flight is scheduled to leave Toronto Pearson at about 6:30am, and we will arrive there at about 9:30am, if the service doesn't start till 10am, is there any value to signing up? I have to admit, we're both nervous travellers, we have only flown once before and that was from Toronto to Vegas back in 2010. Does it help you get thorugh customs and immigration faster and with less hassle as it claims?

Thanks in advance for any replies, happy travels :)

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

Definitely do not do the arrival service, you will be fine. Departure lounge is just a matter of personal preference. I have used it twice on departure, and probably will not do it again. However, if you are a drinker, it is probably a better deal.

I personally wanted a meal before leaving, and the snacks at the lounge did not fill me up. By the time we did our shopping, we spent little time in the lounge. However, many really like it. Here is some discussion from those have used it:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147311-i93-k66081…

I believe departure only is $30 pp.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

So the weather, probably the most popular question which is simultaneously unanswerable except to look at history.

HIstorically, the Eastern Caribbean has seceral weeks of "hurricane impacts" Number 1 is the first week of September; 2 is the mid August; 3 is second week of September; 4 early August; 5 is late December; 6 is the second week of October.

So you will be in Jamaica during the 6th peak week.

Having said that, this year's number of storms is forecasted as "normal" meaning not so many.

My advice, get "for any reason" cancellation insurance.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

I second what the others have said, but wanted to add that I don't think you will need any sort of jacket or hoodie to keep warm. Not going to be a problem!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

I bring one sweater just in case it is cool in a dining room for eating ( due to a/c), but otherwise I agree, no jacket or hoodie required.

5. Re: Montego Bay- October weather. Also- question on Club MoBay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:16