We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

For those that have stayed here is it true they have a towel card system or did I misread that.

Are there other types of beer other than Red Stripe?

Also...is there drink service at the pool and beach?

Edited: 30 May 2014, 21:11
MA
Level Contributor
85 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

Hello!

You will love the Riu Palace!

(was there in April)

I was surprised there was a towel card system at an adults only, but yes there was one. Checking in they were giving me one card, I politely asked for two and was given an extra one.

I think there was Carib beer in the fridge in the room. (i drank rum drinks by the pool/on the beach so I don't know if there were other beers there.

YES! There is drink service at the pool and beach. They are excellent always circulating asking if you need anything! (riu palace aruba doesn't have beach service, it's the only other riu I've visited so i was pleasantly surprised!) Say hello to Clive! : )

Have a wonderful time!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
101 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

My fiancé and I were at the Palace in February. It's a beautiful resort. You will love it.

Only Red Stripe at the resort. My fiancé is a Corona drinker, so he went across the street to the supermarket a few times to pick up some Corona for the room. Not ideal but he likes what he likes.

Have a great trip!

Calgary
Level Contributor
251 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

We are going in 12 days, first time in Jamaica, any suggestions for good excursions for riu, anybody has email for them, do they respond to room request?

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

palace.jamaica@riu.com

They will get back to you and will enter room requests into their system but can't guarantee anything until check-in.

Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

Any of you had the ocean view jacuzzi suite? If so is any one of their locations better to request?

Have you used their shared shuttle and how was it....

Are there elevators?

I think I need to purchase cranberry juice for my room..... For those that went across the street to the stores will there be a place to purchase this?

Thanks

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

what is the smoking situation at this resort? I like to have a ciggie on the balcony or at any outdoor restaurants or bars. Also, how large is this resaort, how many floors, elevators etc

Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

Ive read you can smoke anywhere but in your room or in enclosed restaurants. I would love to know the elevator situation myself. I think it is 4 stories tall but one side had 2 stories for the restaurant with 2 floors of rooms above while the other side has 3 stories of rooms above the ground floor

columbus ohio
Level Contributor
5,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

Thanks for the input, sounds good

9. Re: Riu Palace Montego Bay Adult Only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:15