We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

Does anyone know if they plan on making improvements to the beach here. I have seen pics from when it was the Ritz and it does not look very appealing. Not sure if anything could even be done to improve it. The resort however looks like it will be beautiful when completed in November.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

I don't know about the beach, but I have seen pics, and I agree with you, it is not that appealing. This is the first I've heard of the Hyatt buying it, and I'm glad to see someone is taking over that property! :)

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
7,903 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

Steve Harvey gave a way a trip there on his show today...pics of the beach looked good. There are many beaches to go nearby as well.

PEACE!

United States
Level Contributor
10,822 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

"This is the first I've heard of the Hyatt buying it"

The hotel was purchased by Playa Hotels & Resorts, B.V., a privately owned company from the Netherlands. The brand of the hotel is franchised from Hyatt.

Marblehead, Ma
Level Contributor
274 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

where are you seeing the pictures/? i am interested for a trip in April

United States
Level Contributor
10,822 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

The hotel is currently being remodeled. It is scheduled to open in the fall (maybe Nov.?). For an artist rendering of the proposed changes which may in the end look like, or not look like, see the following

rosehall.zilara.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

With the 50% off promo, the rates are not nearly as bad as I expected either. If I wasn't already booked at SMB, I might stay here just to try it out.

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

The beach was the WORSE when it was the Ritz. It would take a lot of work to move all of the rocks on the sea bed from previous years hurricanes. I wouldn't hold my breath. Luckily the pool looks amazing and we are spending New Years Eve there.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

To add to vinnie's post, Playa is headquartered in the US (Virginia). Playa has been granted the exclusive right to partner with Hyatt Hotels to establish two new all-inclusive resort Hyatt brands – Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva. Playa was originally established in Spain in 2006 so many of the Hyatt resorts reflect a Spanish influence.

9. Re: Hyatt Zilara Beach (former Ritz Carlton Rose Hall)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2016, 06:16