We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

dburtonjr@comcast.ne...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

The pic looks like a very small swim up bar and there is only one on the resort. Can anyone comment on this for me? Ten yr ann I want it to be perfect. Thank you. Sandals montego bay.

near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

I am a big fan of SMB. However, the truth is that the swim up bar is small and doesn't have a lot of seating. It has extra seating in the pool along the edge in the area of the swim up bar.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

You will have access to two other swim up bars at the neighboring resort Sandals Royal Caribbean. It has one in the main pool and one on the private offshore island. Hope this helps a little.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

The swim up bar at SMB is not your normal swim up bar. It is in a round building that is also the piano bar at night. There are a few stools in the water in front of two large windows. The bar/ledge is up pretty high. It is my least favorite of any Sandals swim up bars. That said, the beach bar down by the main pool is very fun. We usually hang out mostly at swim up bars but when at SMB, we hang out at the beach bar. SMB is great and the staff terrific, you will love it!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

We had mixed feeling about the Sandals in Montego Bay, mainly because of the pools. We are pool people, and the pools at all 3 of the Sandals there are small. Having only 1 swim up bar is rare if you've been to any of the other bigger Sandals, like SGR or SWH. We went to SGSL this year, and they actually only have 1 swim up bar, too, and it's bigger, but it was always really crowded. We normally got drinks at the beach bar and then used one of the other pools. We absolutely loved SGSL, so I'm hoping we can say the same with SMB. SMB doesn't have many pools in general, so I'm not sure what we'll do, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. However, if grand pools with big pool bars are what you're looking for, you're not going to find that at SMB, SRC or SCI. We first stayed at SRC in 2008, and we are trying SMB again this year, but I am hesitant for the same reason you are. We are normally in the pool most of the day, so I'm hoping between the 3 resorts we'll find enough to do. Finding a bar is certainly not hard though, so I'm sure they'll almost always be a drink in our hands. : )

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

Is the swim up bar at SMB new? We visited SMB in '07 while staying at SRC. We did not like the look of the pool bar at SMB at all. It was small, and from my memory, it did not look at all like the one in the pictures on Sandals web site. The one currently pictured seems a whole lot better than what I remember.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

The swim up bar was at SMB when I was there in 08. Not sure about prior to that, but the piano bar is in the middle of it, and the pool winds around it. It is a cute pool, but not big enough, especially because it's the only one.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

The location of the swimup bar is the same, as is the piano bar. However, they did completely redo it about two years ago - all new tile work, paint, woodwork, etc. Very nice!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

A word of advice, don't over think your vacation. It's great you are researching on where to stay. However, wanting everything to be perfect is a let down waiting to happen. Plan all you can, but then once on vacation, be willing to roll with whatever comes your way and make the most of it

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

Best advise yet anod1. We stayed at SMB and enjoyed our time there. There is lots more then just the swim-up bar. Great beach, very nice staff, and great dining options.

10. Re: 1swim up bar at sandals montego bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16