We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

yeahhh monnn, at the holiday inn now. got any questions??? ask away

NY
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Say hi to the Antointette and omg what was the guy doing the burgers at the beach?? He was AWESOME! What I would do for a dirty banana with rum cream or a red stripe and some jerk chicken at the hut right now. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Edited: 14 June 2014, 00:26
Almunecar, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

How deep are the pools and how deep is the water? Do they post a daily activities calendar online? Any construction going on? Can you take long walks along the beach or do guards stop you at the edges of the property? Anything nice in town within walking distance?

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 22:04
NY
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

I can answer the pool question. It is a lagoon shaped pool about 4 feet deep. It has a lazy river type path (no current) that goes around the stage and has a zero entry that gets gradually deeper.. Splash pad next to it. As for the beach, the property is very long and the beach spans the whole thing. There are walls at each end that will stop you, not security. Activities are posted daily but not online. There is a shopping village across the street and some restaurants down the road. Not much else in walking distance.I will let OP comment on construction as that may have changed.Oh and I think his name is Christopher at the grill :)

Almunecar, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Thanks for the reply, marson4. Are they very strict about enforcing the 6pm closing time for the pool?

NY
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Yes, the pool closes at 6 p.m. but I'm not sure about the adult pool. We never minded because we were usually down by 9 a.m. and were ready by then or we would head down to the beach because that never closes. It would also give us enough time to shower, go to dinner and then get to the show at 8 pm. They would start cleaning the pool right away. It opens at 9 a.m. and they would be cleaning by 6 a.m. in the morning, too. THey really keep the pool and beach spotless and work very hard. We watched a guy with a boat out in the water picking up every piece of seaweed in the water.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Hello--just got back from holiday inn. There was no construction going on. we spent most of our time in the adult pool and it is 3.5 ft deep all the way around. the pools do have a ledge to sit on in the water which made it nice to sit and drink our drinks. the adult pool closes at 6pm but a cpl days we went back in abt 9pm and security saw and never said anything. one nite at 10pm we were on the beach and wanted to take a quick dip in the ocean and security made us get out immediately. there is a note that is given to you upon arrival to not tip your servers personally. they have a box up front by the check-in desk that states if you want to tip your server to put your money in an envelope and it will be distributed evenly. WE TIPPED WHO WE FELT DESERVED IT AND HANDED IT TO THEM DIRECTLY. We left the property once to shop across the street. Great deals on everything!! Let them know how much your willing to pay and they will work with you.

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

they do have a memo board right outside the main dining area and it states what kind of activities and entertainment is going on each day. We stayed in bldg #4 ocean front and it was perfect for us. We always got chairs by the pool but if you want to be on the beach under a palapa i suggest you reserve your seats early. they do not supply bottled water but they do sell it in the vending machines or at the gift shop. we filled our cups we brought from home with water from the self serve stations.

NY
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Hi fivehollins.. so glad you had a great time.. by any chance have you stayed at Hilton Rose Hall? We have stayed at HIS 2x and loved it and booked the HIlton for our next trip to try something different. Was wondering how they compare.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Hilton Rose Hall Resort...
3,682 Reviews
Jamaica
Almunecar, Spain
Level Contributor
545 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Do they have water aerobics? If they do how do they manage it in pools that are so shallow?

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

we spent most days at the adult pool and they did not offer any type of arobics at all in the pool. But the other pool might have, i do not know. The Hilton was my first choice but the Holiday Inn ended up being a lil cheape. We have never stayed at the Hilton before

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Hilton Rose Hall Resort...
3,682 Reviews
Jamaica