We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

DeKalb, Illinois
Level Contributor
181 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

yeahhh monnn, at the holiday inn now. got any questions??? ask away

Panama City, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

The Holiday Inn Sunspree was a great place to vacation with one exception. I know most could care less but, this resort is very unfriendly to smokers. As large and open as it is, the only place you could smoke was in a small smoking area off the main lobby and gift shops that had 6 hard wooden benches with no backs and at the adult beach. Everywhere else was off limits for smoking. As wide open, airey and sectioned off as the buffet area was, one section could have easily been designated a smoking area and it would not have interfered with, or bothered, the non-smokers.

england
Level Contributor
159 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Hi yes I meant mosquitos,thank you for your repl.........y

NY
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

They spray the resort really early in the morning.. with that said, I don't think you need to pack bug spray but I would bring some hydrocortisone or something to put on a bite just in case. Also bring lots of sunscreen and aloe. You do not want to have buy any products in the gift shop... wicked expensive.

Eaton, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

What is the best way to get to the hotel a charter or take a taxi from the airport ?? thanks first visit next week

Eaton, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

What is the best way to get to the hotel a charter or take a taxi from the airport ?? thanks first visit next week

NY
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

I would strongly recommend a private taxi. The group bus transfers take WAY too long to leave and make stops. It is less than five miles. They are also too expensive. After you get your luggage, you go through a check point and then enter in a room with all the transportation. You can go to the taxi booth from there. Always negotiate price prior to getting in the taxi. Should cost $25 no more than $30 for the entire group. You can also email Michael Miller at michaelmillerjr876@gmail.com

He is a taxi driver that works at the Holiday Inn Sunspree if you want something set up in advance. Enjoy your week!

Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Stayed here in 2011 & returning this December. Last time smoking around the resort was "okay". No I did not smoke in public walkways, near food, or beaches (other than adult that was posted as smoking beach). However, there were ashtrays in our room & at the adult swim up bar....is this still the case?

Edited: 12 July 2014, 22:36
Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
73 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

Also, which building have elevators? We stayed in 7 (4th fl) last time but do not recall if we had to take one in another building & walk across a skywalk? Anyone dine at the Japanese restaurant that is $20 additional per person...is it worth it? What kind of choices were there (fish, shrimp, lobster, chicken, etc..). Is there still the piano bar located upstairs from the main lobby bar? Or a nightclub?

NY
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

building 6 is the one with no elevator and you have to walk to a different building.. I did not eat at the Japanese restuarant but heard the food was good and they put on a nice show.

As for smoking, definitely no smoking in the rooms, not suppose to on your balcony. I don't think you can at the swim up bar but you can at the adult beach or in the smoking area off the lobby.

Winamac, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: At the Holiday Inn Sunspree Nowww, any questions???

We are coming to the Sun spree in 2 weeks and I am emailing back and forth with Clive Transport for Round Trip airport shuttle for 2 people ($40 US total for 2 Round trip) excursions to River Raft Martha Brae & Dunn River Falls in Ocho Rioss ($150 US total for 2 Round trip), Ricks Café, lighthouse and shopping in Negril ($140 US total for 2 Round trip) and Mo Bay - Rose Hall & Margaritaville ($70 US total for 2 Round trip). Does all of that sound fair? And are you familiar with this company?

Also these questions about SunSpree:

Questions for the hotel

1. Do they provide for free- snorkeling equipment to use for or should we bring our own.

2. Do they provide for free - tennis rackets and balls for the courts or should we bring our own.

3. What non-motorized vehicles do they have available for free that you speak of in your amenities?

4. Which restaurants in the hotel charge a surcharge if I am an IHG Rewards club member guest.

5. Can we get a ride to Montego bay and other excursions then walk around to see the sights cheaper then Clive's Transport for $70 (Round trip no entry fees included). We want to go to Margaritaville and tour the White Witch home.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica