We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

Hi all,

Couple of questions about SWO. We are staying on the preferred side...any room recommendations? We used a room recommendation for our stay at excellence playa mujeres last year and got an AWESOME room!

Also, this one is silly...does anyone know what day they normally have the Mr. St James contest, or if they even still have this? I saw it mentioned somewhere...I think my hubby has some secret beauty pageant or something, LOL!!!

Finally, which restaurants are everyones favorites, or drinks around the resort? We are only staying 4 nights since we have to work around my grad school schedule, so I want to make the most of it - it's our 10 year anniversary this year!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Best Seller
Club Mobay: Sangster Airport VIP...
554 reviews
from US$30.00*
Jamaica Combo Tour: Dunn's River...
144 reviews
from US$130.00*
Special Offer
Blue Hole, Secret Falls and Dunn's...
15 reviews
from US$102.51*
US$120.60
Zipline, Tubing and ATV Safari...
20 reviews
from US$184.36*
United States
Level Contributor
12,216 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

For the best drink I would pick the top one on the following list

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-c183024/Jamai…

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

In my experience, each bartender has a "special" that they will make on request. Many give that drink an aura of being a secret.

South West England...
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

We've recently returned from a 14 night stay. Favourite restaurants were the French, Italian & Japanese. Worst were the Jamaican & Mexican .

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

The French restaurant is our favorite. We also loved our dinner at the restaurant on the St. James side.

We ate there in oct 2012, when we returned in 2013, those 2 restaurants by the pool were never opened for dinner!

We never ate in the Jamaican and only had appetizers in the Mexican.

We loved the apps at the Japanese, but not the entrees. We didn't eat at the cooking tables. (it was very hot in there)

The lobby bartender made a delicious coconut martini!

We also love eating lunch at the St. James poolside restaurant. It seems not many people utilize the a la carte lunch restaurants, but we prefer it. You do not have to change. Just stick a cover up on and have your husband put a t-shirt on with bathing suit. (just don't go soaking wet! LOL)

Of course don't miss the jerk cart! Every review says that!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

As for the room at the Preferred side at SWO. I prefer a high up room on the side closest to the Barracuda bar. The angle of the building means that you look across the bay to the other side of the peninsula and can watch the sun set behind the hillside whilst sitting on the balcony with a glass. or two of champagne.

6. Re: Secrets Wild Orchid ?s

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17