We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with taxis

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
help with taxis

Please can someone tell me about which taxis I want to call to use outside the resort...how are they identifiable. Thanks

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with taxis

look for a license plate that is red

United States
Level Contributor
10,819 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with taxis

"which taxis I want to call to use outside the resort"

Are you thinking of using the phone to call a taxi to come and pick you up and take you some place? If so, that is not done unless you plan to use the taxi for an extended period of time, for example for an entire day.

If you want a taxi to go from where you are, say a hotel, to some other spot then 'call' one by waving you hand as one drives by. You will find a taxi waiting at most hotels, attractions, tourist restaurants, etc. Your hotel, restaurants, etc. will also know the private phone number of a taxi driver if there is not one around.

If you are going to a quiet place, say a private home on a side street, arrange for the taxi driver who takes you there to pick you up for the return trip at a set time or ask for the drivers personal cell phone number.

"...how are they identifiable"

See the following for photo and description

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-s304/Jamaica:…

3. Re: help with taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 06:17