We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

Newcastle,England
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

Just wondering if anyone has been to both of these and how they compare?

I have had my mind set on the Blue Hole, but it appears to be just one large pool, with one large waterfall for people to jump from. I just know my wife will not jump from anything higher than a few feet. Lol, so maybe Mayfield would suit her better.

Also, what is the travel time to each of these resorts, and which is likely to be less crowded. We are staying at Secrets in MoBay.

Thanks

Jamaica
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

ones falls and the other a natural swimming pool

Jamaica
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

2hours for mayfields 1hour 20mins blue hole

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

At the Blue Hole you can jump into or climb down in to the actual Blue Hole to swim. There is also a man made swimming pool there, as well as a bar & restaurant. At Mayfield Falls there are a couple waterfalls and many natural pools. A guide walks with you up the climb to the falls. Neither spot is very busy, Mayfield Falls is more remote. Both attractions are about a two hour drive from your hotel.

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,906 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

Both amazing but very different. from Negril you can do a am or afternoon quick trip to the Blue Hole. Its a chill spot in the bush with a spring, a spring pool, a bar, hammocks, cooked food and nice vibes!! Don;t miss it.

Mayfield is a day trip excursion where you will journey into the hills with cool spots along the way. The Falls are a hije up with natural pools and swimming holes in the falls.

PEACE!

Newcastle,England
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

Looks like Mayfield falls it is. Maybe if my wife manages this okay, we could visit Blue Hole later in the vacation. :-D

Can anyone recommend a company for such a private tour. It seems some no longer go there because of the condition of the roads. I know there are tour companies listed on here, but would prefer to book one who comes recommended from other TA visitors.

Thanks again.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

I used Barrett Adventures and was very happy with them for a trip to The Blue Mountains. They have a Mayfield Falls trip listed on their site. And, they are located just across the street from your resort in Montego Bay!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

hello taking the fam on cruise at Christmas can anyone tell me how far from where royal caribean docks is Mayfield falls? how about blue hole? we hope to get there spend the day and get back to boat- how much would a taxi be to either of these places? thanks so much tracy

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

I would recommend Island Transfer and Tours. http://www.itransfertourist.com/

Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

A little under 2hrs if you use Byron Powell at Island Transfers and Day Tours like we did! I think you can got wrong with either place but I do love the blue hole!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Hole or Mayfield Falls?

Thanks much

!