We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

Hagersville, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

Hello, looking for recent travellers to Hotel Riu Palace Jamaica in Montego Bay to help me out with this.

Some of the more recent reviews of this resort mention a foul, strong sewage smell, some people saying that it smells as if it was built on a septic field.

I was wondering HOW bad the smell is, and whether it impacted their trip or not. If people think it was bad or overwhelming, I think I will be rethinking our destination, the last thing I want to smell while trying to enjoy my trip is human feces.

Thanks in advance! It looks like the reviews in the past 4 weeks or so have been the first to mention the smell, so I'd love to hear from anyone that stayed there from mid June to current.

Thank you!

MA
Level Contributor
75 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

Hello,

I see the review from three days ago 'beautiful landscaping' that mentions the smell. (i don't see any others but i could be missing them?)

I was there in April and didn't notice anything, maybe the problem started after April.

I keep reading the reviews because I would love to return to this property again!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

I am interesting in hearing more about this topic as well. We are staying at the Riu Palace at the end of August. Yet we will defintely switch if the foul smell will impact the trip.

Hagersville, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

So far it's only two recent reviews that have mentioned the smell, I've messaged a couple more recent reviewers to see if it was a widespread issue or if it is just something that only a few people will notice. I know all inclusives can be musty and a bit dank smelling, but I was not expecting to hear about sewage smells from a new resort! I will update this post if I find anything else out from those reviewers, but at the same time would love some imput from someone that has been there in the last bit!

Thank you!

Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

I've been reading the reviews for both the Palace and the Riu next door..... I think the poster may be talking about the Riu next door as I have seen quite a few posters of next door complaining about a sewage smell.

5. Re: Hotel Riu Palace MoBay- recent reviews mention sewage smell?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:16