We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50-something first time to Sandals

Sprague, Connecticut
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
50-something first time to Sandals

This willl be our first time to an all inclusive Sandals resort in Febuary 2015. We are both in our mid 50's and was wondering are we going to be the "old couple"?

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,279 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

No! You will be just fine Leapgirl. We are older and always have a great time at Sandals. We have been to many Sandals and have always had lots of fun and found the ages to be very well mixed. You will find younger newlyweds and veteran travelers. Go and have fun.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

You will be just fine and I agree with Randy, that the crowd at any Sandals is generally well mixed.

Enjoy your stay!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

You will be totally fine! We are 30 (now) and always meet lots of couples older and younger than us. Lots of ages are there! :)

Rochester, ny
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

I have to agree with RandBTravel. We have been to a few different Sandals resorts and there is always a diverse mix of travelers. Usuaaly a bunch of young honeymooners with others well into their 70's. We are in our mid 30's and my parents are going in 2016 (they are close to 60). Have fun :)

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

You won't be the youngest, and you won't be the oldest. You won't "stick out" at all.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,765 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

not only is the age demographic very mixed, you probably won't even notice the age differences. We are grandparents, yet we have as much social fun with couples who are in the age bracket of our adult children, or couples our own ages or older. It just doesn't matter!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

leapgirl: Hubs and I are in our late 50's. We haven't had the experience of many here, but we have stayed at two Sandals resorts over the past three years and age was never an issue! No one cares about age, it's a non-issue. Last April, there was an 'older' gentleman who was at SN along with his much younger 'caregiver'. She told us that he is in his late 70's and loves hanging around younger people. Every morning after breakfast, he would sit on the beach smoking his cigars, drinking his rum and holding a party for everyone who wanted to spend time with him. Great stories, Great person...tons of fun! Many of us were sad after he left.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 00:25
Wallingford, CT
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

Leapgirl, my husband and I are in the same age group as you are. As with the others who have responded here, we've generally found a wide age range at Sandals, with ourselves pretty much at the midpoint. In addition, we've been to SRC in both July and in February, and found that there were fewer younger couples in February and more young honeymooners in July. (And even then, we were by no means the "old folks.") Have fun! And have a few dirty bananas for me. :-)

9. Re: 50-something first time to Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 06:17