We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying extra nights at resort at end of our stay

Rothesay, Canada
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Buying extra nights at resort at end of our stay

Hi everyone, looking for a bit of advice on planning a 10 day trip to Montego Bay (thinking Sandals MB) and hoping to get some help. I was, originally, thinking we'd stay at Sandals MB (Beachfront walk-out Club Level room looks awesome) for all 10 nights. After hours of putting together my Danny Tanner clipboard of fun, I am now thinking we could/should stay somewhere like the Holiday Inn Sun Spree that first night; as we'd only be flying in at 2:30pm...and probably only getting to the resort at 4pm'ish'. I know the Sandals resort is right beside the airport, but figure we still wouldn't get there until 4pm. The Sun Spree is very close to Sandals MB and is $365 less per night, so why not stay there the first night and at Sandals the next 9?

Does anyone know if we could arrive the following morning and get early check-in?

And If I book a 7 night Club Level stay, does anyone think I could, possibly, buy 2 more nights on-site in cash (and possibly cheaper)??

Thanks so much and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Edited: 26 July 2014, 23:56
Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Buying extra nights at resort at end of our stay

As Travelpair mentioned, there are some additional options that can enhance your stay at Sandals such as

Red Lane spa

Gift shop

Professional photos

Off resort excursions through Island routes

Cabanas for half or full day rent (not available at all resorts)

Candlelit Private dinners that can be arranged on the beach/in gazebos ect.

A managers wine list that includes a variety of optional wines available by the bottle (not to be confused with the included 4 berringer house wines available by the glass and included in your stay.

*these items are not necessary to fully enjoy your entire stay regardless of room category, but are available should you find them to be a great optional addition to enhance your vacation experience.

So in regards to a typical candlelit dinner; this is something that typically costs a guest $170 to book. It comes with personalized service for a private dinner arranged for you. In our situation, as I said, we went to SMB and they were able to fit us into Tokyo Joes but there were no opening for Cucina Romano so they offered a special. The special they were running was if we purchased a bottle of wine off the managers optional wine list and paid a $5 service fee, we could book a private candlelit beach dinner with the menu of our choice. It worked out perfectly for us. We chose a $30 bottle of wine, paid the $5 fee, chose Cucina Romano as our dining menu for the evening and so at the end we got to eat at every single place we set out to, plus had a romantic private dinner for a fraction of the cost of booking a candlelit dinner.

Now to be perfectly clear. This was a special they were running on the resort property. It was not advertised on the website. It may not be available at all times. It may just be a promotion they run periodically. I cannot guarantee you would be given this offer. But my advise if, if you DO have trouble getting a reservation, to simply go and ask if there is anything they can do. You never know, they may offer you a similar deal.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Buying extra nights at resort at end of our stay

Rachael: was the price of $170 for the candlelight dinner from when you stayed at SRC back in 2011? Last April, it was closer to $200 at SN. I wonder if different resorts charge different $. Wow, you got a great deal back then. No one else has mentioned a budget friendly candlelight dinner!

Edited: 03 August 2014, 12:34
Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Buying extra nights at resort at end of our stay

I believe it was around $170 because I distinctly recall when I created our honeymoon registry that it was one of the items we could list on the registry for guests to give us along with excursions and spa treatments. However, we did not list any of those. Instead we just listed trip contributions. Our first priority was making sure we get there. not having guests spend 170 on one dinner lol.

24. Re: Buying extra nights at resort at end of our stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16