We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Authentic Jamaican soup

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Authentic Jamaican soup

Where can I find authentic Jamaican soup in Montego Bay or Negril? Any soup will do, can be road side, restaurant or small shops. Thank you.

Fallston, Maryland
Level Contributor
231 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Authentic Jamaican soup

I would love to read your recommendations, as well. Possibly grab some soup on our way into Negril from Montego Bay airport.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,145 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Authentic Jamaican soup

On the way to Negril, Bigga in Green Island always has soup going along with his chicken. In Negril itself there's a soup guy who comes round the lower beach (I've seen at Kuyaba and Bar B Barn) with a pot on the back of his bike. Listen for his whistle (steam from soup....)

In Montego Bay itself I'd think any Jamaican restaurant will have soup....there are of course many different kinds of soup that are uniquely Jamaican, some with meat (chicken foot, goat, chicken period) or vegetarian (pumpkin, red bean, pepper pot).

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Authentic Jamaican soup

I know the guy with the soup bicycle! He usually sets up around the lunch hour near Value Master. Awesome conch soup.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Authentic Jamaican soup

You should definitely try mannish water if you can get some. It's made with goat scrotum and is said to be an aphrodisiac. If you can't get that, then try some cow foot soup.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Authentic Jamaican soup

Mannish Water is not made from goat scrotum. The innards are used, and sometimes the head.

6. Re: Authentic Jamaican soup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16