We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday at Noon Arrival

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday at Noon Arrival

I am arriving with friends on Saturday 11/15 around 12:30pm. After many trips to Punta Cana, this is our first trip to Jamaica. I'm reading through the forums and it sounds like the immigration queue can back up quite a bit. I am thinking that our arrival time is prime time for arrivals.

I just learned about Club MoBay. Does anyone have advice or experience they would want to share? Is it worth it for both arrivals and departures? We are only here for 4 nights, so we would not be wanting to wait 2 hours in line.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Club Mobay Departure Lounge
Club Mobay Departure...
8,145 Reviews
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
12,629 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday at Noon Arrival

"Does anyone have advice or experience they would want to share? Is it worth it for both arrivals and departures?"

For about 1400 answers to these two questions see the following

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147311-d2…

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
377 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday at Noon Arrival

We arrived on a Saturday at noon 2 weeks ago...and did not purchase Club MoBay. The total time from when we got off the plane to getting through immigration and customs was about an hour. We had transportation to the hotel included in our package, and had to sit on the bus for quite some time waiting for others from our flight before we could leave for the hotel. If I had purchased CMB, I would have been sitting on there a lot longer, it seems, and I wouldn't have been happy about that. We didn't think the line was awful, and there were 3 of us, so it just wasn't worth $150 for us to bypass the line. Everyone has their own judgement on whether it's worth it to them, and were the line 2 hours long, I may feel differently. If we ever decide to book CMB in the future, it would only be if we booked private transportation to the hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Club Mobay Departure Lounge
Club Mobay Departure...
8,145 Reviews
Jamaica
3. Re: Saturday at Noon Arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:17