We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

So we are reserved at the Hilton in September for 10 nights but just found out last night that the Hilton is closing their best restaurant, Three Palms for the whole month of September! We are now thinking about switching resorts because of this. It's very frustrating that we booked months ago and planned on all of the amenities and now it'll be closed. I emailed the Hilton to see if they'd compensate with a room upgrade, if they deny my request then I'm thinking about switching to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.

Has anyone been to both and prefer one over the other? I'll be 8 months pregnant so drinking isn't that big of a deal to me, but maybe my husband :)

Also if anyone has suggestions as to what we can do, I'd be open to hearing them. We did book our vacation packages through Orbitz. Thanks in advance.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

Love both hotels, but they are very different. The RHH is more family oriented, while the Grand is very high end and geared for adults only. If you can afford the Grand, go there. The RHH was built around 1980, remodeled 3-4 times, and the Grand was built 4-5 years ago. There really is no comparison. The Grand has high end liquor end food-lobster, filet, etc.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

Cebakes - I was not aware that the Grand was that new. Thanks for posting that.

Nheller - Cebakes is THE one to ask questions to about the grand. Very knowledgeable.

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

Wow, thank you for the information! We won't have our kids so adults only is ok. Which one has a better beach? Better as in clearer water and more swimable? I did hear the Hilton had a nice area to snorkel off their beach.

One last question, does the Iberostar have better food? I thought. I read the Hilton had 5 restaurants while Iberostar has 4, am I correct? Also Iberostar has free room service? Thanks again for your help!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

The Grand's beach is much better. The RHH is small and narrow and somewhat depleted due to erosion and many years of storms. Both are manmade. The IB is pretty nice with lots of clear aqua water and you can also go on the beaches of the IB Suites and IB Beach. The Grand is slightly better for snorkeling.

There is no comparison on food. The Grand wins by a landslide. You can have lobster and filet for lunch or dinner at the Grand. Tons of great food, and fantastic room service at the Grand. Breakfast in bed or a NY Strip Steak for dinner or snack. Want a bottle of high end liquor at the Grand? Have your butler bring it. Its free! Your room is also stocked with beer,liquor, and snacks at the Grand.

We really like the Grand and RHH, but they are two different hotels and the prices reflect this. I have not

checked recently, but I assume the price difference is $200-300 more per night for the Grand.

5. Re: Hilton Rose Hall vs Iberostar Grand Rose Hall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16