We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

I am vacationing in Nov 2014. I am not booked to stay in a suite are the rooms really that bad because I haven't read anything positive about the lower priced rooms or are these just comments from people who thought they were booking at the Ritz? I just want a clean room to sleep in, would appreciate any feedback ! Thanks so much looking forward to this vacation so much!!

Graham, TX
Level Contributor
276 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

We booked a regular room and got upgraded to a kids suite when we there in March for free. The room was definitely not the Ritz, but they were fine. AC worked and the beds were comfortable enough to enjoy a nights sleep. It was clean and fine for us. Nothing fancy but I have definitely stayed in a lot worse and didn't complain! To me a great room is overrated when I am on a beach vacation anyway. I am only in it at night and on the beach as early as possible!

NY
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

I agree, have stayed there twice with groups so saw many different rooms. Our first was a kid suites.. we paid for that but they upgraded our group for free so we could be next to each other without us even asking. Our rooms didn't have a fridge but we asked for them and they were brought very quickly. They were basic rooms but very comfortable beds and we didn't hear things in the halls and through the walls which was nice.

The second time we stayed we had a superior room and they upgraded us to a suite, again for free without us asking. The view was amazing and our family of four fit VERY comfortably with a king size bed, double size pull out couch and a very comfortable, clean roll away. They don't charge you for the rollaway either which was awesome. We are staying at the HIlton this time around and they want $25 a night for the rollaway and we are paying tons more for the room! Anyway, the bathrooms are very small with accordian doors, but were like that in all the rooms we saw so upgrading won't help that. This was nothing we could complain about because we don't spend much time in our room bathroom. THe sliding glass doors all stick to some degree, that is true too.

They cleaned them well, our AC always worked and we always had hot water so I'm sure there are some issues in that old of a building, but I can tell you they work hard, are always nice and do a great job cleaning, maintenance and landscaping. Everytime we try somewhere else, that is always more expensive, my family always complains that we aren't at the Holiday Inn Sunspree :)

Enjoy and safe travels!

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

I know that some of the buildings are being remodeled or are in the process just from reading reviews. Any idea on which building to request as far as which ones have had facelifts already? Books a deluxe ocean view room and if an option to choose a building is there I would like to go in knowing which one has been worked on already. Thanks in advance!

Lockport, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

We have been there three times in less than three years and are returning on Monday. The rooms are perfectly fine. We had no problems, and they clean them daily. You do need to put the sign on your door when you want the sheets changed and if you want the towels washed you need to leave them on the floor in the bathroom, otherwise they will assume that your are reusing them to save water. It definitely isn't fancy, but it meets our needs and is clean.

7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

Thanks crazygerl8... Sometimes you read these reviews and wonder if people live on the same planet... As long as they are clean we are good! Enjoy your trip counting down ours.. 69 days! I see your from Lockport... Posting here from Lackawanna!

NY
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

If you don't have kids I would request building 6 or 7 bc it is closer to adult beach and pool. Building 5 doesn't have its own elevator so have to walk to other building, not far though. Four is in the middle and and 1 thru 3 closest to restaurants, pool, entertainment. From Clarence here: )

7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

Marson4- thanks for reply! I saw a lot of your forum posts and reviews recently and they have all been very helpful! First time traveling out of the country and just want everything to be perfect! Any other advice is always appreciated :) small world all being from Wny

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

Have either of you used the club mobay? Still debating on whether or not it's worth is seeing that we have our transfers through southwest and will have to wait for others anyways- just curious on your input- we are traveling on a Wednesday arriving into Montego Bay at 230 if on time and leaving Tuesday at 330

Mentioned in this post
NY
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

I don't think mid week in September will be as busy as when we travel which is peak April week. We have not used it the past two trips but the next one we are using it for arrival and a private transfer. Anything you can do to make your travel less stressful or less time is awesome but if you don't, it will be fine.

Lockport, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree rooms

Biggest tip I can give you is... Relax and remember you are in Jamaica.... No one gets in a hurry. We take our own insulated mugs. They give drinks in the little plastic cups and it saves running back for more. My husband says learn to say no or you'll come home with an extra suitcase. I also reccomend taking water shoes and sun screen, the gift shop is a little pricey. Also, if you smoke, I 'd take an ashtray for your balcony, as they are hard to come by, except the gift shop. If you haven't already booked, check out cheapcaribbean.com. Be sure to try the Italian restaurant. Keep your passport handy, and be sure to have a couple of pens on the plane to fill out the paperwork. You will also need to know your return flight information for that paperwork. No one tells you that and its a pain to have to dig for it. There is no need to tip as you go except for the bus drivers and any baggage handlers, you can tip at the end of your stay if you want. If I think of any thing else helpful, I'll let you know. Relax and have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean