We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Well... I have been reading the negative comments on here for SGOR for some time now, but having spent two fabulous weeks there in 06, I ignored them..

"OMBRELLE"..if you read this NOW I know!

We booked a 17 night vacation to Jamaica, 3 nights at SRC, and 14 in a Romeo and Juliet Butler Suite at SGOR.

We lasted approx 19 HOURS at SGOR!

I dont know if I will ever find it in my heart to forgive SGOR.. they cheated me of my dreams and took from us our most precious commodity..time!

Perhaps some will go on and still enjoy SGOR as we once did, but am afraid I hate to say I now join the list of NAYSAYERS!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Livingston Texas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Are you going to write a review? I would be interested in reading it.

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Sunscot, well I also would be really interested to read your views as well!!! You have been very vociferous in your comments to any of us Brits who dared to voice any negative comments about this resort, you seemed to be able to answer with authority any query that was asked after only one visit!! - I resisted any more posts because after all everyone is entitled to their own opinion, good or bad. What is the point of these forums if all anyone does is praise, or moan for that matter. Anyway, that aside, do post your review, I am sure we all would be interested.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Paplover..

To be honest I dont really think a 19 hour stay, most of which was spent in the actual room, would justify a review. I felt so so sad leaving SGOR on such bad terms. SGOR tore at my heart strings before, and to return and be totally totally disillusioned hurt me quite emotionally. Unfortunately, the damage they did, was beyond repair and it was a chain of disasters that went from bad to worse.

I am sure many folks will go on to enjoy their vacations at SGOR, and perhaps in time, we will forgive and forget.

Our experience may have been one of those "one off" unlucky incidents, and at one point, we did re consider staying and moving suites but then yet another "incident" occured and that was the "straw that broke the camels back" as we say.

On this site, there are several very strong opinions of SGOR. I find it hard to believe myself that I have joined the "other side" so to speak.

I dont believe writing a review of a catalogue of disasters would achieve anything for anyone. All I can say, is that I feel truly gutted, that our dream vacation turned into a nightmare!

We also spent some days at sandals whitehouse whilst waiting on a suite becoming available at sandals royal caribbean (where we had spent our first three days and thoroughly enjoyed.) SW was not our cup of tea though (we only went there as there was no other choice on that day!) and we finally setlled down at SRC for our final 8 days which were bliss and the saving grace of what we had left of our precious vacation.

I will in time however be posting a review on both whitehouse and royal caribbean.

I am sure the good the bad and the ugly of SGOR will continue. I have now experienced all three!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

It seems that every negative review, isn`t helpful, no matter the ton of info you may give.

We met a British couple that were not too happy about SGOR. I understand that may times on these forum, the Europeans have been made to seem too picky. Well when they told me they had spent about 10000$ compared to my 4000$ for the same one week vacation, they had EVERY right to be disapointed.

Someone will get much more info with negative reviews. Anyone putting down someone who has a negative opinion should understand that with every trip you take you compare to what you personally know. Being told that you should have done your homework before..., Well I found this site just a few weeks before booking, and should have taken the negative reviews much more seriously. I will for our next trip.

Sunscot, I truly wish you would have had a fantastic vacation at SGOR. Speak your mind, and your true feelings in your reviews. That will help future travellers.

5. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2007, 02:46
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

How rude, don`t you have any manners! You just joined...too bad. Could do without you.

Snooping around for some help to know where to go this August, well I really hope you treat people better, I for one don`t think much of you. You`re a disgrace to all Americans!

7. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2007, 02:46
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Not what but who,

I`m someone who now really knows that you don`t have manners.

Livingston Texas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Sunscot

I am so sorry for what ever happened to you to make you go ~~“over to the dark side.”

Like you ~~ We loved it the first time and were thinking about a return trip. But then again I want to try something new. So we are off to Negrill .

Now I am glad that we decided not to go back. I want to keep my fond memories about SGOR.

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
706 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Second trip to SGOR..thumbs down this time!

Sunscot, Hi. It is Shawn again. I really wish that you could share a little of what happened at SGOR. You were one of the biggest influences in us keeping our reservations here for our wedding in September 07. After reading a lot of negative reviews, you explained how different things were there, but still wonderful, and knowing that you had been there recently and were returning in the near future for an even bigger and better experience really worries me now. I can't see how it could turn from a great time there to such a disaster, especially becaue you had toured the R&J before you went, so I cannot see how it would be the room. However, considering you never left the room on your second trip, I am baffled since I know you were already familair with the property and the staff. Please let us know as we really want to have a great time for this very important vacation and wedding that we are planning. Thanks so much and I am truely sorry that you had a bad trip there this time around. Shawn.

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations