We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Topic
At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

At the resort now for anyone who had questions.

14 replies to this topic
Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

Just a quick question, how is the WiFi on the Jr suite side? Both in the rooms and at the pool... Last I was there it was just being installed. Would it be good enough to stream music?

ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

Wifi working great for me able to stream mucus on my balcony and in my room. Haven't tried streaming at the pool. It the wifi seems to work really good there so I would assume you would e able to.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

Awesome thanks :)... Only 22 days left!

ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

your gonna have a blast we have had great weather thus far...

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
27 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

I'm actually looking at the resort for October. Originally planned to go to Puerto Rico but looks like we will have to change our location.

How is the food?

Also, in booking it says a king or double beds can't be guaranteed. What was your experience with this?

I'm also looking at Luxary Bahia which I think is close by.

Have a great time!

ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

Food is good lots of variety. Jerk chicken hut on the beach amazing and super moist.

Dinners don't need to make reservations for the restaurants which is a bonus, never had to wait for a table. When it comes to the beds we got two doubles which was fine we just pushed them together and made a large king. When I booked last minute room was a garden view, when we arrived we were given a pool view room with beautiful palm trees. A nice bonus . All and all I have had no complaints.

Edited: 23 September 2017, 05:22
Bolsover, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

Hi I'm afraid I need convincing! We are about to book a Jamaican holiday but I'm concerned about the hurricane and current weather? Jamaica looks so beautiful and my husband and I are desperate to go but something is holding me back? Is it safe to come we want to fly out next Saturday? Looking at the deals right now! Help!! 😊

ontario
Level Contributor
186 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

Jamaica has not been affected by the hurricane at least not here. Water is beautiful here at the resort. I was in Punta Cana for two days before being evacuated out because of Maria. The beaches in Punta Cana were full of seaweed obviously a result of Irma . Forecast was showing rain and thunderstorms before I arrived here but have had nothing but sunshine for three days this far. Jamaica is just far enough south of the hurricanes that caused havoc in the caribean and all is good here .

hull
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

We just arrived after cancelling Cuba because of hurricane and it is amazing here had a lightening show with not one drop of rain was beautiful to see

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?

What are the rooms like? I've booked a suite but I believe that its not on the deluxe side. What side are you on?

Reply to: At Riu Ocho Rius now. Questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations