We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
54 reviews
Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Evidently, they offer free shuttle service from the airport to the resort, but I can find no info on how to schedule a pickup. We will be going this December.

Does anyone have information on this?

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
186 reviews
1. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Do not have to schedule . There will be a person holding a sign after you get out of customs and they will show you what bus to get on. We always take a private taxi to get there faster and use the free shuttle to go back to the airport. We always use Joe Cool taxi [ joecooltaxiandtoursjamaica@gmail.com ] . It cost us $70 one way up to 4 people with a free soda, water or beer for everyone.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Thank you so much for the info and the helpful hint!

New England
Level Contributor
433 posts
1 review
3. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

I read that you go to the JTL tour desk #21 in the arrivals hall to check in for your transfer. Looking to stay at this resort and read that it can be a little tedious on the shared transfer because there can be many stops. I typically don't mind stuff like that but I'm doing a split stay in a short period of time and want to make the most out of every minute! What have people's experiences been with that?

Halethorpe
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
4. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Great info. We go Monday

Halethorpe
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
5. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Silly question, how would they know my flight info? I did not provide it

Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,096 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

The shared transfer service does not need your arrival schedule. The folks at desk 21 (Jamaica Tours Ltd) provide shared transfer service for Expedia, Travelocity, Westjet Vacations, Funjet, Go-Go Vacations and JAITAL (Vouchers branded "SHARED" ONLY).

The shared shuttle departs when is gets "full" enough.

Halethorpe
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
7. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

I booked directly through Hilton using points, do I still get complimentary shuttle?

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
186 reviews
8. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Everyone who stays there gets free transportation no matter where you booked.

Halethorpe
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
9. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

Thanks. I'm going to use the free shuttle and enjoy the scenery. I saw $187 for a pricate sedan and that $$ could be spent better elsewhere

10. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls.Curio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2018, 05:18