We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocho All-Inclusives

Atlanta
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ocho All-Inclusives

Hello all, I'm a Negril person at heart, but I've been charged with planning a trip to Ocho for a group of my friends and me. We are looking for all-inclusives.

Since I know nothing about Ocho or its hotels, can you weigh in with your top 5 all-inclusives?

Thanks in advance - GAlawyer

Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

Just got back on Sunday from Sandals Dunn's River and it was fantastic, I would highly recommend it to anyone. The resort was spotless and the staff was wonderful. It is a small resort and very laid back however so if you want more action perhaps not a great idea.

webster, Ny
Level Contributor
164 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

RIU was great, was there in february of this year.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

We loved SJG in Jan./07, but everyone has their own tastes. What are you and your friends looking for in a hotel?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

skuitems:

We are actually leaning towards the RIU. How is the pool? How is the beach? Is the food decent? What about the rooms?

Thanks!

webster, Ny
Level Contributor
164 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

Rooms were very clean, food was good, pools real nice (not as warm as ocean) use the junior suite side pool. We stayed in oceanfront suite.

webster, Ny
Level Contributor
164 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

Beach is nice , plenty of room and you can snorkle from the beach. Try Jerk hut too.

Stratford, NJ
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

Planning a trip to RIU Ocho 5/5-5/12. Stayed at RIU Cancun last year and it was fantastic. Expect the same exceptional service, etc. here.

Bridgeport, TX
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

So...how did everyone's trips turn out??

How does Negril compare to Ocho Rios?

BTW, what does RIU & SJG stand for?

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

Hi Melvarama,

The RIU is Riu Ocho Rios and the SJG is Sunset Jamaica Grande.

I loved the SJG and any where in Jamaica is just fine in my opinion but Negril is more laid back and about the beach.

10. Re: Ocho All-Inclusives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2007, 13:20