We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterslide - SJG

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
weston-super-mare
1 post
Save Topic
Waterslide - SJG

Hi Im going to Jamaica a week today! Was just wondering if anyone knows if the waterslide is completed yet at Sunset Jamaica Grande? Thanks

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterslide - SJG

Hi Fi_86,

The following is my reply on another thread:

Hi all!

WATERSLIDE

"I was told by the sports manager that there will be a Grand opening in a couple of weeks.

If the sports manager is reading this, sorry but I've forgot your name at the moment but thanks for your help and hospitality.

All the scaffolding was taken down yesterday, so sorry I've missed it the opening but who knows I may be back next year lol!

ONE LOVE to All!!"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147312-i110-k1057…

New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterslide - SJG

i just got back from there the 21st and it didnt look like they were near done yet

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterslide - SJG

Hi darg1223,

The scaffolding was taken down when I left on the 18th so what do you mean?

sussex Eng
Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterslide - SJG

We had conflicting reports. One told us a couple of weeks, one of the construction men said many months, as they have to make good the slide entrance into the sea. This means putting in steel girders into the rock and clearing a whole area for the slide, making safe then also getting a safety certificate.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterslide - SJG

rachie-m-2004,

It would be no surprise if it is not ready at the end of the month but I hope the sports manager is reading this and gives us an update.

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterslide - SJG

The waterslide is now open. I was there for the grand opening of it on 4/29/07. It is a double slide with one dropping into the pool and the other dropping into the sea. The sea one is not finished yet but the pool portion is open and watched many people enjoying it. I did not go down it because the water is a bit cool for me but it looked like a lot of fun. The new arcade is now also open.

Enjoy!

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterslide - SJG

Hi SweetMommy,

Thanks for the information and I hope you had a good time?

SJG Club Members shall we celabrate!!

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterslide - SJG

A successful JAPEX 2007

"Sunset Jamaica Grande inaugurated the exciting, new Lighthouse Water Slide on the opening night and the new attraction is set to become a landmark along the Ocho Rios coastline.

Architecturally designed like a traditional lighthouse, the new attraction is nothing like its counterparts! Impressively statuesque, guests climb an enclosed spiral staircase 60 feet up to an observation desk with an awe-inspiring, 360-degree panoramic view over the Caribbean Sea and the entire resort complex.

water slides

Two separate, full-body water slides - one enclosed and one open and each a whopping 330 and 340 feet in length - twist and turn around the lighthouse for a shooting good time.

After zooming down the slide, guests will refresh with a splash, arriving in one of the resort's swimming pools or overlooking the blue sea. The lower level of the Lighthouse includes an air-conditioned arcade featuring a variety of video games."

Read More:

http://hospitalityjamaica.com/achieve1.html

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterslide - SJG

Bumping for those asking about the Waterslide at SJG.

Okawville, Illinois
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterslide - SJG

Does anyone know when decking around the white slide is scheduled to be completed? Leaving in a month and crossing my fingers!!