We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

married at sgor

irvine scotland
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
married at sgor

we are getting married at sgor on 17th july 07 , could anyone give me more info on this hotel,any info will do i want to know everything possible thanks

muffinman :)

New York
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: married at sgor

Muffinman: Congrats on your up coming wedding as I will be getting married there on the 13th of June , staying till the 18th. Sgor has two sides to the resort (Manor side and Riviera side). The Manor side is up on the hill and you will need to take a shuttle to the beach if you stay on that side. The Manor side is more private than the riviera side. We stayed on the riviera side in June of 06 even though it is olde,r it has more going on than the Manor side due to it's location to all the beach activities and amphitheater for shows at night. The Pool on the Manor side is fantastic that is not to say the riviera side pools aren't great just older. There are many locations to chose from for you wedding and thats the thing we liked about Sgor and the folige is beautiful. Staff was great when we were there but if you read some reviews you will see not everybody has a great expierence 5 stars in Jamaica is like a 3 star in New York at least that was my impression. The beach is split into three parts so not big enough for the old long walk but never crowded it depends on what you are looking for when it comes to the beach. I just recieved the wedding prices and order form. The DVD is 500.00 us dollars try to get that info from sandals asap as they like it 30 days in advance and you can arrange your special day . I have my travel agent doing this for me. All said we loved the resort its big and beautiful and you can go to sandals dunns river resort 10 mins away which is beautiful also and spend a day. hope this helped Ron

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: married at sgor

Muffinman.

Ive stayed there twice. Please read my view. Just click on my name and see the review I wrote about Sandals Grande Ocho Rios....its quite lengthy and should help you with anything you want to know. If you have any questions email me at Jamaicamenutts@aol.com I have TONS of pictures too!

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: married at sgor

We stayed 2 years ago. The resort is great. Make sure you check out the other Sandals in Ocho Rios since you have exchange privileges. It is Sandals Dunn's River.

Baxter Springs...
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: married at sgor

I have already posted this on another discussion, but definately do the sunset catamaran. My husband and I were there on our honeymoon and we both thought it was the most amazing experience. God luck and congrats on the wedding!!!

5. Re: married at sgor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 17:20