We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Dunns

Kingston, Can.
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals Dunns

Any comments good or bad? Thinking of going Dec07.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Dunns

Other than checking out the trip reviews on this forum, you can go to the following link to get tons of Sandals info.:

http://chris-n-cheryl.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/

There is a couple that just returned and have posted a review there. Book in the next 24 hours or loose out on the big sale!!!

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Dunns

We have vacationed here 2 times and we love it. The resort is beautiful and the staff is excellent. If I were going back to Ocho Rios I would definitely stay at Sandals Dunn's River.

Kingston, Can.
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Dunns

Thanks irielady & orangenwhite for your comments. We booked for Dec23- Jan6. I think we are going to enjoy Sandals Dunns. It is our first Sandals.We have stayed at a lot of higher end Resorts in the past in mexico mainly. We stayed in Jamaica in April & enjoyed it. The people really made the difference.We were at GBP & dispite the soso ratings we had one of the best vacations ever. The resort workers went out of their way to make our vacation outstanding. I'm sure we have made the right choice .

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Dunns

We just came back from 2 weeks in Jamaica. Spent a day at SDR like it so much booked a week in Dec.2008. It is a long way away but I am still looking forward to it.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Dunns

Awesome!!!!

We've been there twice and would go back again in a heartbeat. Can't say that about any other resort I've ever been to.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Dunns

We enjoyed our stay but not the weather. The mountains seemed to catch the clouds, and they stayed over head. We would look out to sea to see beautiful blue skies. We had rain, cool windy weather. At the airport, a couple we met stayed in Negril and had beautiful weather. May have been just out bad luck, or really low clouds for most of our week.

For the Sandals Dunn's , very nice. Great food. Not too big. Pricy for my taste for what we got. I don't care too much for champagne, room service, chocolate buffet...It's a 4.5 stars compared to what we have seen in 4 stars in Dominican Republic, Mexico and Club Med's.

Just ask if you have questions!

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Dunns

We had rain in Negril last month, sun in Ocho Rios and a little of both in Montego Bay. The entire island is pretty lush so I would assume the whole island gets a fair amount of rain this time of year.

8. Re: Sandals Dunns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 03:19