We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change resorts

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Change resorts

Hi all,

My TA called me today to tell me she didnt feel comfortable sending me to SGOR. This came due to several of her clients came back with bad thing to say about SGOR. We were changed to SDR where I will be getting married. I dont know much about SDR any advice would be great!

Thanks T1b52

Flowery Branch...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Change resorts

hi T1,

you will be fine, just go with an adventurous spirit. I married my bride at sdr in 1994 and we have revisiited the resort every year on our anniversary. each year for a longer stay. relax and enjoy yourselves. go well pdd

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change resorts

I really can't help but to say that you seem to be taking this very well which will probably mean that your wedding will be perfect regardless :)

enjoy and congrats!!!!!!!

Chelle

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change resorts

I'm confused...

Are you saying your Travel Agent is trying to tell you that without ASKING YOU she went ahead and changed your booking ???????

If so that is COMPLETELY UNETHICAL.

I''m 99.9 % certain that there was a mistake made or there was an overbooking and she's just trying to cover it up... There is NO WAY this is an acceptable situation if she is saying this has already been done........

-

I would NOT accept this whatsoever, and I'd seriously question the TA's integrity.

Blessings and respect to you, I hope you get to the bottom of this.

Steve

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Change resorts

Jamaicasteve,

I am so sorry I was not very clear.. my TA asked us if it would be ok. After reading lots of posts about SDR I figured it was a step up from SGOR. I just wanted to know if it really was a better place to stay. Again so sorry for any confusion.

T1b52

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
174 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Change resorts

T1b52

SDR is absolutely a step up from SGOR. We have been to SDR 7 times. You will love it! It is a beautiful place with a great staff. It has always been more expensive than SGOR. It is laid out so nicely, everything flows from the open-air lobby , huge patio, past the pools to the ocean. You can shuttle over to SGOR while you are there and you will see the difference. That is what we did years ago.

I hope you love it as much as we do. Have a great wedding!

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Change resorts

You are going from a "classic" resort to a "signature" resort. There are definitely differences and you will LOVE SDR! Even though I was married at Sandals Ocho Rios , it was before it became the Grande, and it has lost something in the expansion in my opinion.

I, too, am a travel agent and you are going to have a great time. I think the reason for some of the complaints at SGOR is due to the management change going on there. Things should settle down and become good again, but sometimes with change comes problems...

Congrats & have a safe and happy trip!

7. Re: Change resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations