We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning Sandals Guests

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Returning Sandals Guests

We stayed at Sandals Negril almost 2 years ago and are now Sandals Signature Guests. Does that mean we'll get a free room upgrade if we stay at a Sandals property again? We are thinking of going to SDR in Feb and wanted to know if we should spend extra $$$ now for a better room or wait it out until we check in.

Calgary
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

I've stayed at Sandals 4 times and have only received one room upgrade. The general thinking is that you should book the room category that you will be happiest with, and then if you get upgraded it's a pleasant bonus. Upgrades generally depend on how full the resort is. My husband and I like Concierge service, so we usually book the lowest concierge room category. Then, if we don't get an upgrade we're still happy.

Keep in mind that upgrades are not guaranteed, even if you're SSG members. I do agree it's nice though! Good luck!

MuseJam

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

Sandals has actually removed the upgrade benefit from its list of SSG benefits. I believe most of the resorts will still honor this if they have the space, but it's no longer a given as it was in the past.

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

Hi. Having had 9 checkin at numerous Sandals resorts we have been upgraded 9 times not always excepting the upgrade. This is my take on Sandals Upgrades.

I think the upgrade depends on the room you originally book. It is much easier for the resort to upgrade if your original booked room was low end. The further up the ladder you go the available number of rooms begins to shrink. Ones you hit concierges there may not be any rooms to upgrade you to.

My Travel Agent calls the resort one or two days before we are to arrive and checks to see that we have been upgraded if it is at all possible.

We book a level we would be happy with hence why we have not always accepting the upgrade. An example, at SGOR we like to stay at either The Riviera or the Manor House and will not except our upgrade if we end up elsewhere. On our next Vacation we will be staying at SDR in the low end Concierges level and may or may not be upgraded we have never booked concierges before. Time will tell.

Hope this helps in some way. Carolyn

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

We have been to Sandals 5 times and have always been upgraded. Hope you enjoy SDR. It is a great resort.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
496 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

Thanks for all the input! We actuallly just booked today for Feb 2-9th. We usually don't book so far in advance but the price was too good to pass up. I read that the weather is pretty nice at that time of year. We went to Sandals Negril in August and the humidity was pretty high and it was cloudy/rainy in the afternoons. We booked the lowest class room because this is an extra vacation for us (due to the great price) and if we get upgraded it'll be a bonus.

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

Hi. Me again. I would be surprised if you did not receive an up grade since you booked the Deluxe Room . This has been our experience. They love Signature Guests and go out of their way to be accommodating. Just another reasons we keep going back to Sandals.

7. Re: Returning Sandals Guests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 14:25