We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Review make me mad!!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Review make me mad!!

I am sure those of you who are avid Sandals Grande Ocho Rios visitors and lovers have read the recent review from a man from Colorado who absolutely hated his trip.

Reviews like this make me mad. Looking at his pictures you can see he was searching for something to be wrong. I dont know about anyone else, but my tub looks like that at home! LOL!

He claims his review is a letter he wrote to Sandals to file a complaint, however, it is poorly written. You dont swear and use slang such as "B4" and such to get your point across in a "professional" letter. And yes, when you file a complaint it is a something that should be handeled in a "Professional" Manner. If I recieved a letter like the one he wrote, I would laugh and not take it seriously.

He complains about things that arent even controlled by Sandals such as the bus service from the airport and the stuff at the rest stop not being free.

Okay, my ranting is done...I could probably say more...but I wont. I just cant stand it when people bash a resort by nit-picking anything they can....then they complain and try to retaliate by writing a childish letter!!

*sigh* I can understand wanting retaliation for your hard earned money, but at least do it in a professional manner...

*steps off the soap box* hehe

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
81. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

JMN

"this is dumb."

Exactly!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

"If we are intelligent why does it have to be pointed out? It's a review, an opinion. Most important it is more needed that a thread pointing out the flaws. If we are intelligent them we can see the good, the bad and the ugle. This is about gate keeping and fan clubing of some resort."

That is word for word from the person who contines to speak about intelligience. I would say please read this carefully as I think it somewhat contradicts the intelligience assumption.

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
322 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

Oona1 I agree! JMN, I think your right about him just wanting something for free. This is the second time this has happened to him. I do agree what bothers some people may not bother others, but it sounds like they were willing to put him up at another resort and that wasn't good enough. At least try a different room. Doesn't sound like he even wanted to try.

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
322 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

I will be in JA in two days! Will have a drink for everyone.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ecotourism
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

Yes, this fellow probably had a bad attitude which likely resulted in a less-than-responsive staff (and being completely out of white wine!), but one can learn from negative reviews. I have noticed that negative or mixed reviews aren't voted to be as helpful as glowing ones. This is a bit strange -- we chose not to go to SGOR due to things that people mentioned like distance between the two sides, food, bus ride etc. Instead we have booked at Royal Plantation, again helped by reviews, this time positive.

It makes me wonder just how much the hotels themselves are involved in the writing and voting of reviews.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

I agree....and if KoolJammin or anyone is refering to me....I am a SHE not a HE.

Thnx =)

Oh, ps. If you are trying to pee me off...or bother me. Your going to have to try a lot harder because I work with children and Im used to this on a daily basis!

Maryland
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
87. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

JMN

Not trying to pee you off but sending you a direct message. Feel free to rip apart as many reviews as you wish. Please leave certain posters out of your range of fire. Kooljammin is a decent and respectful poster on this forum. Taking pleasure in attacking reviews is one thing, a trip or two Jamaica doesn't buy you that right to attack some of the other decent posters here. When you start a thread with the word MAD in the title "YOU" open yourself up for people to pee you off.

Jamerican 28

Surprise, you do what you do best.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
182 posts
Save Reply
88. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

jamerican28

I am hoping you are female because I would hate to think there could be a man alive who is capable of talking this much &^%. Men by design speak a few words, you preach to the choir, the converted and the unbelievers.

JMN

No need to start attacking the decent posters here. You anger or madness should be save for ripping apart reviews. No, I am not trying to pee you off, you started mad remember.

California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
89. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

JMN

I have to agree that attacking reviews are one thing. Attacking certain posters is something else. Not even Jamerican28 who lurks in the shadows for his next chance to insult and disrespect will support you on attacking Kooljammin. She is what is referred to in Jamaica as a "real" dawta (I think) .

I went through all the posts they were clear and eloquently written. Some were funny but directed to other posters. No disrespect directly towards you. Thats what you will find from her.

IF YOU AREN"T THEN GOOD!

California
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
90. Re: Recent Review make me mad!!

JMN

This is your post to which I refer:

"I agree....and if KoolJammin or anyone is refering to me....I am a SHE not a HE.

Thnx =)

Oh, ps. If you are trying to pee me off...or bother me. Your going to have to try a lot harder because I work with children and Im used to this on a daily basis!"

Thank you

I just hate to see attacks move from reviews to some of the really good posters here. I think even J28 would agree on this positive note.