We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Sans Souci last week

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Just back from Sans Souci last week

Just got back last week and it was everything we'd hoped. I will be posting my review very soon.

Travelers beware.....you WILL gain weight if you like to eat as my boyfriend and I do. The food was great.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Awesome !! Good for you.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful vacation. So tell us a little more ..... !!!!!!

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Hi all! I have been trying to figure out where to go. I want an AI and have been looking at Sans Souci because i LOVE massages. I LOVED Jamaica when I was there almost 15 yrs ago. I adored Jamaicans as well...they are terrific. I also was looking at Hedo 11 but it sounds like a sexual-fest. I am traveling alone and a woman in my early 40's. I am going on vacation for relaxation and fun...but not THAT kind of fun. I also LOVE to snorkel and do so wherever I vacation. Cancun, Mexico so far was the best. Please, give me some pointers and places you might recommend for me. I am looking at mid-august.

Thanks!

Westminster, Vermont
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

I'm so glad to hear you had a fabulous time. Sorry about the weight gain, but I'm sure it was well worth it. Looking forward to seeing your review. Do you have any other special tidbits/reminders/packing suggestions that would be useful? We are leaving two weeks from tomorrow for the airport - we fly on May 21st!

Jamaica, WI
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Hey NTV, for those of us who are planning to go there, how would you sell Sans Souci to us? What are the must-sees and the must-dos?

Irie : )

Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Ladies make sure that you pack a few outfits that are suitable for the french restuarants at night. You don't have to dress up MAJOR but my boyfriend and I bought mostly beach gear and had to scramble up two outfits for the formal restaurant.

a sundress and sandals will do and slacks and shirts for men is fine. Guys make sure that you wear a jacket if you plan on dining inside.

Make sure that you visit the clothing optional beach. We forgot about it the first day (its on the other side if the resort). It is definitly ther nicer beach. We chose to keep our clothing on and a lot of other did too. No pressure. Just a really nice beach.

Save you appetites on Tuesday during the day. There is SO much food at the beach party. I had a pretty large lunch after being at the beach all day and wasnt really hungry for the beach party. I was really sad because the food there was AWESOME!!!! Needless to say I had little nibbles here and there (probably had something to do with my weight gain). But I would have enjoyed it so much more had I not pigged out at lunch.

Texas
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Also if you are bothered by noise DO NOT stay in the E block. Is is right next to the balloon bar. You can hear the music just as clear on the inside as if you were standing out.

I enjoyed it. But it might not be for all

If you are picky about newly renovated room do NOT stay in the E block. The rooms are huge. But very old. One of the chairs had black mold/mildew spots on it and didnt smell too good. My boyfriend and i gathered that it was probaly from so many people sitting on the furniture with wet beach clothes on. Over time it takes a toll the furniture.

Again it didnt bother us because we were there to relax not complain. But I am just warning those who might be a bit more picky. Block E is definitly old and outdated but has one of the best ocean views and MUCH larger rooms.

brooklyn, new york
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Dear IrieVistor, and anyone else who wants to know about Sans Souci,

Read my review, the title is "Wonderful". Read the others too!

My husband and I are in our 50's and we had a great time. We were spoiled and pampered by a wonderful staff in paradise. When we asked other guests, what they thought of SS, they said it was great. Good food, good drinks, nice beaches, great staff. I gave it 4 stars, because we feel that the rooms could have used a facelift, but it was really not bad at all.

I have told my friends about it, and they want to go too!

Have a great time!

Respect and Blessings,

Angie

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

vttravelers,

I have been reading about the AJ problems in the forum...so far I haven't heard anything about our flight! Hoping all goes well...Have you heard anything?

Thanks,

Sunlexi

Vermont
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Hi Sunlexi,

I have been tracking the flight from time to time and so far it seems to be ok. It is in the air as I write this, though it did leave 20 min late today, and is scheduled to arrive 20 min late. You can go to Logan's website (www.massport.com/logan) and go into flight tracker, though you have to do it while the flight is in the air, or just before it leaves. I have also checked our flight on Airjamaica's website, and it is still possible to buy tickets for the flight, though the plane appears to be nearly full.

So far things look ok. We remain very hopeful. Only two weeks to go!!!!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Sans Souci last week

Vttravelers,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it..