We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Dunn's River Restaurants

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Sandals Dunn's River Restaurants

I will be staying at Sandals Dunn's River. I was wondering if you could give your recommendations of restaurants there and at the Grande Ochos Rios. Thanks!

Also, is there a shuttle or tour that takes you to Margaritaville? Are there snorkeling tours in Ochos Rios or at the resort?

Thanks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
64 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Restaurants

First of all, you will LOVE Sandals Dunns River (just returned from there 2 weeks ago and miss it!). All of the restaurants at SDR are great...our least favorite as far as quality of food was Kimonos (Japanese) but, it was still good and the entertainment a lot of fun. You will need reservations for Kimonos. Marco Polo was excellent food and service. We ate one night at Arizona's (tex mex) at SGOR and it was good. Food was okay but, the view at sunset was fabulous (it's outdoors on the pier). Arizona's was recommended to us because it was a different menu than what they had a SDR.

There was a shuttle going to Margaritaville several times in one evening. I believe it was the beach party night on Monday. Not sure details about this because we didn't go.

There are snorkeling opportunities (free) through SDR...sign up the day of at the water sports desk. The boat goes out at 10, 11, 1, 2 each day and equipment is provided. You go out to the reef and each trip is about 35-40 mins of snorkeling. If you are an expert snorkeler you may not find it all that great but, for us as first timers, we thought it was good. I'm sure there are other snorkeling tours but, we didn't check into anything. Have a great trip!

Calgary
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Restaurants

I second the recommendation for Arizona's at SGOR. Yummy, with great ambiance. I also really liked Orchid's at SGOR, but there might be something similar at Dunn's.

Be sure to try some awesome drinks, too. I highly recommend the dirty banana and the Appleton Jewel!

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Restaurants

We too loved Dunn's River. Our favorite restaurant was Kimono's due to the food and the show the chef puts on. Have a great trip.

4. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 04:17