We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

England
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

Can anyone please tell me how far both the Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens are from the cruise pier? Are the gardens within walking distance? Is Island Village within walking distance? Hope someone out there can help me please.

Mentioned in this post
Prospect Plantation
Prospect Plantation
94 Reviews
Jamaica
Island Village
Island Village
173 Reviews
Jamaica
montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

Greetings,

I can't remember the exact location of Prospect Plantation, however Shaw Park Gardens is beside Dunns River Falls and I've walked from the Jamaica Grande (further than the pier) to Dunns before myself so the Gardens are within walking distance(maybe 20-25 minutes). Island Village is also within walking distance.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Prospect Plantation
Prospect Plantation
94 Reviews
Jamaica
Dunn's River Falls and Park
Dunn's River Falls and...
16,320 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Island Village
Island Village
173 Reviews
Jamaica
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

Prospect is not far at all. Just a very short cab ride away, maybe 5 to 10 minutes max. Like Steve said, Shaw Park is close too. Maybe a 5 minute cab ride.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

You can walk to the gardens but th last part of your walk will be up a very step hill. Unless you are heading up there in the early morning, before the heat of the day sets in, I would cab it.

England
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

Thanks guys - think we'll take a cab!

5. Re: Prospect Plantation and Shaw Park Gardens distance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 03:18