We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching NFL games in Ocho

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee
13 posts
Save Topic
Watching NFL games in Ocho

I'm staying at SGOR from 11/16-11/23 and since I'm a die hard Packers fan, I was hoping I could catch at least part of the game on 11/18 and/or the Thanksgving game on 11/22.

Does anyone know if there is a spot at SGOR or know of anywhere nearby where the games would be on? If not, I'll just watch them on the DVR when I get back, but I wouldn't mind watching some football while relaxing in paradise.

Thanks!

Matt

LONDON
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

We stayed at the sunset jamaica grande and they showed alot on Cricket and America football and soccer(what i call football) the whole time we were there. I assume your hotel will have TV's showing sports or they should be showing the games on the TV in your room.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

if there is a TV in the room (i cannot say, but i'm assuming so), you will be able to catch the majority of the american networks (ABC, CBC, FOX, NBC ect) as they are widely available... might even catch ESPN and/or other sports networks... you probably won't have much difficulty finding the game if it broadcast on one of these major networks...

you can also ask around for a sports bar in Ochie that might have the game (ask about AMERICAN football or NFL)..

enjoy

Chelle

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

Margaritaville should ahve games on.

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

I am sure a bar at SGOR will have it but if not you can watch it at Dunn's River. They had NFL games at the piano bar. You will have free transfers from SGOR.

Kansas
Level Contributor
152 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

We were shocked to be able to watch our beloved Wichita State Shockers in a NCAA Bracket Buster game while in Ocho Rios last January. That being said, can't believe you won't be able to find your Packers game. We to were just at SJG and saw quite a few guys around the TV on Sunday watching NFL football. Enjoy!

Attleboro...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

brewcrew7007,

we were @ sandals dunn's river in january and their channels were mostly out of new york,so they had giants/jets/bills games on when we were there.I'm sure the Thanksgiving game won't be a problem.We just returned from Breezes runaway bay and couldn't even get the world series games,so we ended up going to a little jamaican sportsbar called John Crows on main st in ocho rios,They should have it,but i would have the desk give them a call to check ahead of time.Good local crowd and food and best of all cheap Red Stripe.Margaritaville might have it also but you can only take so much of listening to Jimmy Buffet music while you are trying to get into a game, also the drinks are very expensive.

Have A great trip.

Milwaukee
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sounds like I'll be able to find the games somewhere, but even if I don't, being in Jamaica in the middle of November sure as hell beats being in Wisconsin!

8. Re: Watching NFL games in Ocho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 19:16