We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sandals lounge

Kingston, Can.
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sandals lounge

Any problems finding the lounge at mo bay airport. Where is it exactly. Any one else going to SDR for xmas & newyears?

Calgary
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sandals lounge

Hi prolls,

Once you leave customs and immigration, there will be people who will ask where you're staying. Just say "Sandals" and they will point you in the right direction. The Sandals Lounge is a very short walk from the Customs & immigration area, on your left side. You won't have any problem at all finding it. there are plenty of people ther who will help you.

We'll be at SGOR (and will visit SDR for a day) Dec 15- 23.

Hooray!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,933 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sandals lounge

Is the new lounge located near the old lounge? I thought I had heard that they had redone the area, during the airports' renovations, and the new lounge is in a different area. Any idea?

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sandals lounge

You have to walk a bit further, though a mini maze of halls, but still the same general direction. The lounge is just beautiful. Cool and refreshing with Red Stripe on tap, fountain sodas/pop, and snacks, as well as nice, clean bathrooms. : )

ottawa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sandals lounge

hi

is the sandlas lounge for Beaches vacatrioners as well do yo know? we have a late night flight out of MO bay airport and not sure how early they will drop us at the airport.

staying at beaches boscobel

thanks

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sandals lounge

Absolutely! It is for both. Enjoy!!!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sandals lounge

We are going to SDR in January. After the long flight my biggest priority will be having a cigarette! Where is the first available spot after getting off the plane?

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sandals lounge

If I'm reading PVS's question correctly, it sounds like they are asking about the lounge for the trip out of MoBay, not arriving. Unless I'm mistaken, the Sandals lounge is for arriving guests, not quests heading home.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sandals lounge

As I understand it, the lounge is used by both arrivals and departures.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sandals lounge

toorelaxed, you are correct. I completely missed that one. And sorry, it is for arrivals ONLY. You cannot access that area of the airport for departures. I believe the only "lounge" for departures is Air Jamaica's for first class passengers.

Sorry for the misinformation...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sandals lounge

If the lounge is for arriving guests only, why does the sandals website tell you about changerooms and shower facilities in the lounge? I doubt anyone would shower after getting off the plane but might if they were on the beach right up until bus time to the airport going home. Also helpful to change into warmer clothes for heading to colder climates. Just a thought.