We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Ocho rios

Brampton, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Riu Ocho rios

Going to The Riu Ocho Rios on 29 Mar-Apr. 5.Anyone else going at that time?

Tyne&Wear
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Ocho rios

Hi my self and husband will be there from 20th March until 3rd April

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Ocho rios

My husband and I will be there from March 25 to April 2. We cant wait!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Ocho rios

So how was it?? We went to the Riu in September 2006 and LOVED it!!

How was the weather? food? service? Club in hotel still as amazing??

We are thinking of going back in May!

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Ocho rios

We are going from 5/3-5-9 and can't wait! :)

London, England
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Ocho rios

Has anyone been recently.

If so can they please share their views on this hotel. I am reading mixed reviews, and it sometimes makes me a bit warey!

Thnxs Luke 123

New York
Level Contributor
127 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Ocho rios

Luke123 -

I believe I have spoken with you before regarding this resort. My boyfriend and I stayed there June 2008 and absolutely loved it - so much so that we have decided to return this February. I have been reading the TA reviews and am totally surprised by all the negativity. We would not be returning if we thought this resort was not worth it. The only changes I have read about is the reservation system for the a la carte restaurants. Personally - I really only enjoyed the steakhouse and japanese restaurant on our last stay so I am not too concerned whether or not will be able to even get reservations. Where there is a will there is a way ya know what I mean. It's vacation. As long as the weather is hot and sunny and the drinks are flowing -you really can't complain. I am going Feb 20th and I can not wait. I truly don't think you will be disappointed!

London, England
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Ocho rios

Ohhhhhhhh yeah Knighty I can remember you did give me you wonderful views on this hotel! but u know how it goes! when people just like to try and put people off.......

Anyway please up-date me upon your arrival, b'cause then i can book and feel great!

I was going to stay at the Riu Tropical Bay in Negril, but due to the Recession Virgin no longer does this hotel and I prefer Ocho area, and would take a trip for the day to Negril!.

Thanxs

Luke123

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Ocho rios

I'll be at the Riu from Jan 16-24. First time in Jamaica!

London, England
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Ocho rios

Hi Knighty016,

Do you know if the riu has iron/boards in the resort view rooms?

Thanks

Luke123

Coventry
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Riu Ocho rios

Luke

We were there for our honeymoon in November. Weather first week brilliant, second week an absolute shocker. We only had one criticism about our entire 2 weeks there and that was that the place was so noisey. It rained every evening/night for the second week which resulted in everyone that wanted to listen to the entertainment having to cram forward into the only part of the entertainment area that was under cover. We also had the barstaff making very very loud animal noises to each other constantly. The last few evenings we had dinner, got armfuls of cocktails and went back to our room. Everything else, perfect

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations