We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Upgrades

New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Riu Upgrades

I booked an standard Ocean Front room for 6 nights in late June.

I've seen many people mention that they received upgrades to Jr. Suites when they got to the resort. I am wondering are these free upgrades, or do they offer you the upgrade for $$.

Also do you think it would be worth it to upgrade to a Jr. Suite Ocean view, or keep the standard Ocean Front?

Thanks in advance!

Deal
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Upgrades

Free or not, if you don't stay in a Jr. Suite then you can't go to all the restaurants

Goodyear, Arizona
Level Contributor
993 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Upgrades

Which ones can't you go to? I'm in a standard room for Spet, and the only one I was advised was the Japanese restuarant. Is there more?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Upgrades

Depending on what dates you are going. Upgrades will be out of the question, since I was told by a few different travel agencies the rooms were sold out, we went with the jr suite for the extra money, but only because we have a child going with us and she needs her space. Otherwise we would have just stayed with a reg. room.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Upgrades

Just the Japanese restaurant, you can go to all the others.

Goodyear, Arizona
Level Contributor
993 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Upgrades

Whew o.k. only there for three nights so I know that won't be a big deal. Going the first weekend in Sept so I doubt it if it's crowded. But either way I'm happy with my standard oceanview.

Deal
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Upgrades

I'm pretty sure it was 2, not just the Japanese {which was good by the way} , but at this time I can't remember

New York
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Upgrades

is there anyway to get into the Japanese rest. if you are not staying in a suite. For instance if they are not completely reserved for that night, and you slip them a little tip?

Johnson City, TN
Level Contributor
453 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riu Upgrades

We too are going in September and staying in the standard room. From what my travel agent told me it is just the Japanese restaurant. I have read more than a few comments on here that said they would still let you go to the restaurant if you just asked.

Deal
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Riu Upgrades

I would never say never but they seem like they do stick to the rules, so I wouldn't count on it.

Keep in mind you are identified by your wrist bands. So if others seen, then it could cause issues. Also seats may be limmited, I know they were at the Japanese.

Here are the ones that apply, I knew there were at least two.

Available, exclusively for clients staying in superior rooms:

* "Sir Richard" gourmet restaurant (à la carte)

* "Tushima" Japanese restaurant (à la carte)

* Grill and steakhouse in the "Mammee Bay" restaurant (à la carte; buffet starters and dessert)

10. Re: Riu Upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 12:59
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations