We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passports

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Passports

Does anyone knows how long it is taken to process passports this year??

I know last year it was taking up to 3 months to process applications when the turn around time was 4 weeks. My boyfriend and our 2 friends that are going with us just did the process this week and I told them I will be on that plane with or without them. LOL

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passports

My son applied in January and it took less than 3 weeks to get back. DIL had a name change on hers and had it back in 10 days.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passports

We got ours in 3 weeks. We applied at the beginning of the year.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passports

I have been telling them to get there passport since we booked our trip in February.

Last year my sister did hers The first week in April and she didn't get her passport until the day we left thank goodness they were letting people print the information from the computer if you did it in a timely manner. I hope they get on time

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
686 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passports

My wife and I applied for ours in February and it took a little over two weeks. My daughter applied seperately in early March since we did not have the notarized permission from her mother (even though I have full custody and she has no visitation rights...go figure) and it took a little more than three weeks. Don't know if business was picking up or it took longer to scrutinize her application. Also, we applied at the passport office and she did hers at the post office, so maybe there is a difference there?

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passports

Wow now that is crazy smh @the PO

My boyfriend did his at the post office I hope that really doesn't make a big difference

Green Isle...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passports

We applied for ours in January late on a Friday afternoon. All three of us had our passports in our mail box the following Thurs morning...6 days! It took three or four weeks for the documents sent with them to come back, but we were shocked we had the actual passports that quickly!

Teresa

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passports

Thanks everyone

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passports

We did ours a few weeks ago...it took 9 days.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passports

I got mine in less than two weeks! The turnaround time is quick this year.

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Passports

He got his passport in the mail yesterday. That was a quick turnaround. Last year I waited almost 3 months to get mine back