We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got bk from riu ocho rios

essex
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
just got bk from riu ocho rios

i returned today from the riu ocho rios, ay questions feel free

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

hi,we are going in 6 weeks ,is it a thumbs up or what ? Some reviews are great some rubbish allthough I have noticed 95% of the bad ones are not from England,no offence to anyone but I think American and Canadian Hotels must be of good standard,I ll be happy just to have the sun on my face !was the room nice weve just got a run of the mill one,are there any rooms facing the mountains at the back or are they all front facing?thanks,hope you enjoyed it

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

Gant did you receive an upgrade, what did you do while you were and there and how was the food hotel and staff on a whole???

yorkshire
Level Contributor
258 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

did you hear of anyone getting robbed as one of the reviews dated 4th May say that they got robbed.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

Do you know if there are calling cards available to call back home??? Do you know if my curling iron will work OK with the outlets :-) Did you hear of anyone getting robbed as that seems to keep popping up in other reviews :(

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
255 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

Hondo if you go to the Riu site it will tell you the voltage of the outlets for your curling iron.

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

Hi I am sure gant will answer your questions as well, but I was there at the beginning of April, and no, I didnt hear of anyone being robbed when I was there. Again, be smart, keep your valuables locked in the safe or your suitcase.

Calling cards are available from the hotel. I never used one though.

Your curling iron should work, as my flat iron did!

essex
Level Contributor
138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

hi to all , the hotel is very nice, food is good beach is nice too. we stayed in a riu palace lST year in the domnican and the service is alot better in a palace but it was still nice at riu ocho. didnt hear of any bulgries. we had a stanard room it overlooked the wedding casebeo. the staff are very friendly. i will write a review 2morrow.as for callin cards there are a bit of a con , i purshed one for 20 usd and when we got on the coach to come home i as a given a bill for 20 usd when i said what is this for they said for the connection when u make a call. i wasnt told this and i think it was a cheek when u already paid for a card.

texas
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

I just got back 07May. It was awsome. Great resort. Food good, service great. I did not use calling card so dont know on that. Best tour I took was the Blue Mountain bike tour. Not for everyone though. One lady felt scared and one of the guides whipped out a bike built for 2 and road her down. They had solutions, it was great. Cant see Y anyone would have complaints on hotel.

9. Re: just got bk from riu ocho rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 00:19