We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favorites of SGOR?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Your favorites of SGOR?

Me & my husband are going August 9th to the 16th and are wondering what everyone's favorites are. Favorite pool, places to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, drink, bar, nightly entertainment, side, room to stay in, anything else you can thing of that will make the best of our trip that we shouldn't miss. If you went to Dunn's how was that? Thinking of doing the Falls. Wondering if we should do the boat trip with Sandals or just go on our own. Some mentioned they walked from Dunn's Resort. Thanks!!!!!

traveler4136
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favorites of SGOR?

I loved SGOR - we went last year for our honeymoon and are now returning in a few days to stay at Dunns! The excursions we did - Bob Marley (Jeep) and Sandals Catamaran to Dunns - both were VERY fun and worth the time and money spent. If you are planning to do Dunns, bring some water shoes with you from home as they are pricey in the gift shops and you WILL need them to climb the falls. We stayed in the honeymoon concierge penthouse suite, and it was very nice. Even though we're doing concierge again at Dunns, I dont think your room-class really matters...you really will get treated wonderfully no matter what room you are in. Make sure you take the bus to Dunns and go to Kimono's to eat ...the bus ride is 5 mins and Kimono's is great! try the hummingbird drink and the dirty banana! Most importantly, RELAX and enjoy the amazing culture!!! Hope you have a great time!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favorites of SGOR?

Thanks for the great info. When are you going to Dunn's? Have fun!

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favorites of SGOR?

Favorite pool- the big one on Manor Side or the one by the dive center with the swim up bar... they have chairs in the pool =)

Breakfast- Valentinos or Bayside

Lunch- the Manor House I think it was called

Dinner- Valentinos and Arizona

Snack- grill by the dive center... bigger and more variety!

Drink- hummingbird!!!!

Bar- all the pool bars

Entertainment- the playmakers are Hilarious! Friday night beach party is an absolute must-do

Side- we stayed on Riviera, only went to Manor side for 1 of the days we were there

Room- we stayed in Riviera Deluxe room... you are only there to shower and sleep, so as long as it has a bed and a shower, who cares? =)

Dunns- must do! Don't bother with boat trip unless you are really party people. You can go on boats anyways and drink for free at the resort. Also some have suggested walking to the Falls from Dunns... will save you $40!!! wish we had done that!

Go snorkeling and if its something you enjoy, definitely bring your own snorkel and goggles. You can only use theirs during snorkeling trips. Bring 2 or 3 waterproof cameras for Dunns and snorkeling. Bring bubble wrap to pack your liquor in if you plan on buying some there.

Any other questions feel free to send me a message. We just got back a few weeks ago and we are already wanting to go back!!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
116 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favorites of SGOR?

We are heading to SGOR for our fourth time in a couple of weeks. Our favorite pool is the main manor pool for activities and socializing. If we want a more "mellow atmosphere" we head to the beach club pool (near the dive center).

Food wise, our favorite on site (for dinner) is Orchids followed by San Genarro. The best is to take the shuttle to dunns and eat at kimonos (you will need reservations). For Breakfast Valentinos is the best, but often we just went to either buffet as that allowed us to get to the beach/pool/activities sooner.

We enjoyed the boat trip to dunn's river falls a lot. They stop to snorkel on the way and you get to enjoy the coastline instead of being in a bus. Either way, the falls are a must do for your trip.

Also, I would suggest taking the shuttle to Dunns one day and spending the day at their pool/beach. It is a different atmosphere and they have much better pool side food than SGOR.

Have fun

As far as entertainment, the beach and pool parties are a lot of fun...Beach is on Friday and Pool is Monday..they have some fun activities during the day as well...contests/volleyball/games... that we enjoy. They put an activity schedule on your bed every night.

5. Re: Your favorites of SGOR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 18:19