We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned From SGOR

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just Returned From SGOR

I haven't had time to post our review yet, but we just returned and had a really good time. I'll post the review sometime soon, but in the meantime, if anyone has any questions, let me know!

Omaha
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

Hi...definately new to this forum and first time to Jamaica for honeymoon next March. With the current Sandals deal...is a price of $3100 decent for 6 nights (1 night free w/ Riviera Dlx) at SGOR??? Thanks for any input!!!!

Ben

San Diego...
Level Contributor
116 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

We usually go for 7-9 nights and have never payed more than 2900 for the Riviera deluxe. We are going next month and booked the Honeymoon penthouse concierge room for 3500 for 8 nights.

Omaha
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

Hi hanzel81. Does the $3100 include airfare? Including airfare, we paid around $3300 for seven nights in the Riviera Deluxe room category. There might be different rates for busier seasons. I'm not sure which seasons those are, though. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. We're from Omaha, too!

Omaha
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

Thank you both for the quick responses. Yes the $3100 includes airfare. Being the first time to travel w/ sandals...I don't know how good of a deal their current promotion is. I believe the more 'expensive' times to travel are Jan-April and we will be going in March. Good to know that your's Jamaicain7-08 was similar in pricing though. Who have you booked yours through stringman25 to get such a cheap rate...if you don't mind me asking? I also noticed you were from Omaha too Jamaicain7-08...small world huh? :)

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

We paid about $3100 also with airfare. Leaving in 2 weeks. So Jamaicain7-08 since you just came back and its still all fresh in your mind what were your favorites of the resort? Favorite pool, drink, places to eat, hang out, tour if you went on any. How was the night life? Did you get to visit the other resort? Lots of questions. I'm just pretty excited to go...as I'm sure you noticed lol.

Omaha
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

We preferred the ocean to the pools, just because it's such a novelty to us (plenty of pools in Nebraska, not so much ocean! :o) ). We did go over to Sandals Dunns River twice. Their main pool and ocean were both really nice and we loved the pizzaria for lunch. Their gift shop also has a wider selection (even though airport prices are cheaper; we didn't want to wait for that and risk not finding what we needed). We didn't go over to the manor side very often. It really feels like a completely separate resort and we liked the Riviera side better. Our favorite restaurants were Valentinos (dress up) and Arizona (tables on the beach). We ate at both twice. We really enjoyed the activities with the playmakers. We were surprised to be exhausted by around 10 p.m. so we didn't take advantage of much of the nightlife. My favorite drink was the Jamaican Smile, which is pina colada and strawberry daquri with rum cream. You're going to have a blast. I remember how excited I was a week or so before we left. I wish we could go back!! Let me know if you have any questions.

7. Re: Just Returned From SGOR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 11:25