We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SGOR Awesome Deal

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
SGOR Awesome Deal

Just Booked From Ohare MArch 13-20 2009 for under $3000US including airfare. I love this resort the gave me $250 spa credit for the wife and $an additional $360 of the total because I am a returning guest.. We are almost all but gaurenteed a room upgrade as well as returning guests but we got it the first time as well from the most basic room to the plantion 1br suite with pool awesome awesome awesome. Cant wait. Just thought I would share as it is the last day for 60% off some rooms at SGOR

Texas
Level Contributor
328 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

I saw this - its very tempting. We went this summer and right now the rates for the same trip we did would be about $300 less than we paid for this year! But we've been planning on exploring other parts of the world rather than returning to Jamaica next year (not that we didn't love it, we did, we just want to see more countries). But yeah, this price has me tempted to book again because we had such a great time and loved this resort so much!

Muskego Wi
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

We are from wisconsin. Booked the same deal same dates.And also out of ohare. 2 couples booked thesame room cat

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

DjWreckd,

The deal just extend for one more day...I book my trip way back in Jan. 08 for Dec. 08...the same deal was on...and like you..thinking that I only have certain days left to book before the deal run out...I went ahead and book it right away..but come to find out, the deal went on for a good 4 more months...so don't worry for those who think that the deal might not come back on, Sandals is gonna keep extending those days...and Dj...glad you got a good deal from that...

Sara

Shiner, Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

You booked through SJG?Or through who??????

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
872 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

acrv06...if I'm not wrong and I'm just assuming but I think they book thru Sandals because the special is on the Sandals website.

Sara

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

Last year I booked through an agent and no problems and got the discount. THe reason I did through Sandals this time is the Air was cheaper through sandals then Air Jamaica or my agent by 300$. That is aweosme that you are going to the same days we will have to meet up. Is this your first time?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

We found this deal last night by accident as well. Playing around with dates and trying to decide if we really want to do this or not. Been to Jamaica twice (our real love is Cancun, if you can't tell), but when you see a Sandals for this price, it's almost like we HAVE to book, right?

I am concerned about the many negative reviews (seems more than normal for a resort), but again, that price is quite nice.

I checked several sites and most are about the same price, so I would probably book it direct with Sandals.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

Oh heck, we just booked it. Opted for a 4 nighter instead because we like to travel 4-5x a year, and I have to use up my vacation time wisely. Felt we got a good deal for a Sandals property and were able to get $375 off because of points from a previous stay!

Jan 21-25th and paid about $1500 total with air out of Ohare.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

Awesome when you going? It just depends on what you are looking for out of a resort. If you want the Ultra High Class white glove service while they are not at that point they do everything in their power to make your stay the best. From the party planners(hook up with these people and invite them to lunch as they are not allowed to eat lunch unless they are invited by a guest) to the bartenders and of course the maid staff was the best. Look at some of my previous posts about our trip. I had blast and can not wait untill March.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SGOR Awesome Deal

Our other Sandals experience was Antigua. It was about 8 yrs ago and I think at that point we were looking for a bit more action. Slightly disappointed in the lack of entertainment, but we've since aged and think we would enjoy that environment now.

I read a ton of reviews on it last night, and am not expecting too much luxury, so should be fine. I am a bit worried about our room, we picked the lowest available. Deluuxe something with a view of the tennis courts. I am hoping on an upgrade once we arrive, but we chose to book this level for the price as we do like to fit in as many vacations as possible, which requires some financial planning.

Any bonus vacation is fun, as long as you make it so.

We are going Jan 21-25th.