We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

I've been to ROR and didn't have a bad experience, my girlfriend when with her friends and they plan on returning next year. Unfortunatley, I will not be able to go back until 2010.

I didn't have one single problem with the staff at the hotel. Yes the peddlers can be aggressive but a simple "NO THANK YOU" can go along way.

Some people seem to lose their "manners" when they are vacation and think they can talk to people anyway they want and expect to get respect back. Sorry you gotta give to get.

Like one poster said, one person's bad experience and they want to blame the whole hotel which isn't right.

Don't let the negative poster ruin your vacation, go, have a good time and enjoy yourself.

Relax in the pool and have you a "Blue Ocean"..

Jamaica is a beautiful island, full of the exotic.

Remember their slogan, "NO PROBLEM MON" & "ONE LOVE"...

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

Jamaica isn't for everyone. I love it though.

New York
Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Riu in Ocho Rios in June 2008 and are returning this February. We had a wonderful experience the first time which is why we are choosing to return. I can understand the hestitation for those who are first time travelers when reading the mixed reviews on TA but I can assure you, the Riu will not disappoint. There will always be those people who right negative reviews because they are extremely hard to please and let the little things spiral into a horrible experience. You vacation is what you make of it. You want crystal clear, warm, blue ocean, soft white sand, tropical drinks all day and night long, and food at every corner.... then the Riu is where you want to be. Feel free, for those who have questions, I would be more then happy to help put your mind at ease.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

Well said, Jamerican. I feel exactly the same way.

With that said, the number one cause for negative reviews is unrealistic expectations, so...do your research.

If you expect a Riu (or similar) to provide a "5 star", "luxury" vacation, your much more likely to be disappointed than those with realistic expectations.

London, England
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

I really believe some people have not manners when they travel to Jamaica. I witness this the way how they handle the maids and cleaners!

They think they are slaves........... These days are well gone!

Luke123

Hawley, Minnesota
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

We were there in November 2007. We had a blast. We are returning on January 16, 2008. Can't wait!! Vacation is what you make of it, so go and have a good time.

London, England
Level Contributor
161 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

Jamaica is beautiful with so much to do and see.....

7. Re: Don't let the negative ruin your vacation...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 22:17