We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Islip, NY
Level Contributor
131 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

Had a blast, will dispell most of the bad reviews on here, any questions, feel free to ask.

Daytona Beach, FL
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. Did you write a review?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

I am glad you had I good time. We are leaving in AM. I am soooo Excited. How was the weather? Which room did you stay in?

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
140 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

what room did you stay in? We're heading there in June and I'm sooooo ready for it now.

Olyphant, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

What is the dinner dress code for men and women?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

For men long pants, polo's & closed toe shoes. For woman sun dress's, pants, sandals. Just no flip flops.

We went to Marco Polo with another couple & they wouldn't let them in because he was wearing shorts & they were nice. The was one of our favorite places to eat. You can take the bus over to Dunn's.

If you don't want to dress up you can always order the food to go. A group of us didn't want to get out of the pool one night & the Manor House came over to us in the pool & took our order & served us. I went and asked the waitress & she was wonderful. Even brought us over a huge container filled with beer since the pool bar was closed.

Olyphant, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

Dawn - Are there any restaurants where the men can wear dress shorts? Also, is there a buffet every night (in case we don't want to wait for a table). Also, what is there to do at night? Thanks - Linda

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

You will find that at SGOR the dress code is a bit more relaxed (compared to SDR), and men can wear shorts to just about every restaurant except Valentino's and Orchids (they require the long pants, closed toed shoes, and collared shirts)

Women can wear just about anything other than swimwear.. I have worn, jean shorts, tank tops and flip flops at Arizona's, the Reef Terrace, and San Gennaro's with no problem what so ever.. That being said though I am always ready to change if needed, and for the most part I always wear a sundress (and flip flops or sandals)just cause its easy and comfortable!!

When we visit SDR, I will dress up a bit more..

MN
Level Contributor
912 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

Oh and no there is not a buffet every night, but if you prefer not to wait for a table you can always order food to go (as someone else mentioned) or just grab something at one of the grills when they open back up in the evening..

But really I have never noticed the wait times to be that awful in my last 5 trips there... Just grab a couple of cocktails and enjoy the evening.. =)

Cheers!

Minnesota
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

We are going to Ocho Rios in August and are trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Did you do any tours while you were there? My husband really wants to do deep sea fishing. Also what was the departure tax? Thanks!!

Minnesota
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Grande Ocho Rios.. just got home 3/18-3/23

We are going to Ocho Rios in August and are trying to plan ahead as much as possible. Did you go on any tours while you were there? My husband is hoping to do some deep sea fishing. Also what was the departure tax? Thanks!!