We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I too old for Sandals?

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
636 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Am I too old for Sandals?

Husband and I - late 50's - are thinking of taking a Sandals holiday. Will we fit in, or are we too old? Any Sandals better than another for our age group?

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

I have seen and sent guests of all ages to all Sandals resorts...there is not such thing as "too old" for Sandals resorts. ; -)

Let us know if you have any questions about any resort in particular. I am sure many people will be able to help answer any questions you may have. If you have a resort in mind, let me know and I can give you the pros/cons, insight, etc...to help you make your choice.

Then pick the one that suits your interests and go have fun!

IrieLady

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

It really depends on an ever changing crown week to week. Some Sandals may have more young newly weds then others at times. Usually there is a mix of all ages. When we were at Sandals Negril a few weeks ago, there were many people in the 35 to 55 range

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

It seemed to me that there was a much older crowd at Sandals Royal Caribbean than at Sandals Mobay last October/November. RC was overall a much more tranquil resort from what I could tell. You are definitely not too old for any of their resorts though.

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

We stayed at SGOR - and we met a lot of couples in the 45-60 age group that we met there and had fun with. also there were some older than us there in the over 60 group. It seemed to me the real young were the far and few between. No matter what your age, it is just a number, go and have fun!

Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

You're as young as you feel and it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks anyway.

I don't consider late 50's as being old.

Hope you enjoy your holidays.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

I agree with all the previous posters - it really doesn't matter. The only Sandals I've stayed at is Sandals Whitehouse (twice), and there was a wide range of ages there - you would fit in just fine.

Prince Frederick...
Level Contributor
358 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

You and your husband are not to old for Sandals. You will definately fit in. Have a wonderful time.

Iowa
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

Lindie,

All the other posters are right on; you are NOT too old. Yes, there WILL be many couples younger than you, but there will be some older as well.

We did our first Sandals holiday (Negril and Royal Caribbean)in June 2008 and wondered about our ages just as you are doing now; however, we found a wide age range among guests. For example, in the van to Negril, we rode with a man approaching 80 and his 50+ friend. Our first morning on the beach, the butler (yes, bless Irie Lady's soul!!! she helped us get a butler!!!) reserved chairs for us next to a honeymooning young couple in their very early 20's. They chatted with us pleasantly in spite of the 30-year age difference between us.

At SRC, we met many British couples, most of whom were our age (mid-50's) or just a bit older. We enjoyed talking with all the people we met, both younger and older, but especially the Brits. What a jolly lot you are!

So come on over! You'll love it! Lots of sunshine, good food, fun activities. My husband did his PADI certification at SRC and is excited to dive again when we go to Sandals Whitehouse in July. He also met daily--very early in the morning--with the tennis coach and was able to learn much more about that sport. At Negril, he waterskiied and snorkeled. All of this time, mind you, I was on the beach chatting/reading or swimming in one of the pools--had to do a bit of exercise to excuse all the eating of yummy food.

Sandals makes a lovely holiday in our minds! KK

Egg Harbor City...
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

I couldnt tell you about Sandals, but at Couples you would fit in fabulously!

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I too old for Sandals?

Yeah, easy there! I'm pushing 58, my wife is a few years younger, and we're huge Sandals fans. One of the things I like is that age, among other usual barriers, doesn't seem to matter when you're sitting around the hot tub with a bunch of other people before deciding what to do for dinner. This March in SRC we hung out with a great couple (Hi, Mike and Paige) from Ontario, if I recall correctly... and some new 40ish friends from Milwaukee who we spent a ton of time with, along with two other excellent couples a little closer to our age. It don't matter!

Just bring your A game and an old ball cap for your husband (even if he never wears one at home, trust me), relax and have a great time.

I would put in a vote for SRC as noted in an earlier post, but we've also had equally good experiences at SGOR, Halcyon, the Grande, MoBay and Whitehouse.