We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches or rose hall

kent
Level Contributor
70 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
beaches or rose hall

Am in a dilemma as we originally booked to go to Hilton Rose Hall Resort mainly to play golf and the water park for the kids, however after seeing Beaches resort which includes all golf, this would actually work out a better price as the cost of a round of golf is about £75 each at Rose Hall. Has anyone been to both these resorts and can comment. I read that Beaches beach is man-made which is putting me off. Also what is the golf course like at Beaches. Beaches tends to have alot more restaurants and includes premium drinks. Our children are 8 and 11 and looking at the pictures they like the idea of Beaches, but reading alot of comments the water park in Rose Hall is brilliant for our kids. Neither resorts mention football which would be a bonus if anyone knows anything.

Look forward to hearing from anyones comments.

Angie

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches or rose hall

I couldn't tell you about the golf at BEACHES.

There are three BEACHES in Jamaica. BEACHES NEGRIL and BEACHES SANDY BAY which are in Negril and ARE NATURAL beaches. Negril has the best beaches!

BEACHES BOSCOBEL... I don't know as I have never been there.

Having stayed at BEACHES NEGRIL, I can say, we LOVED going there (been 2 times) and found the food good and the drinks great. However, I have Never seen football/soccer played at the resort.

Now, saying all that, I talked to some people yesterday who were on our flight home and they really liked Rose Hall.

minnesota
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches or rose hall

Just one comment on the Beaches vs Rose Hall resorts and golf. Only the Beaches Boscobel in Ocho Rios has included golf and transfers to the golf course. You will still have to pay for a caddie and cart. I can't remember what the cost was but it was pretty resonable. The caddie ended up giving my husband helpful tips to improve his game. The course that Sandals/Beaches uses is beautiful. However, the Beaches Boscobel resort is rather rundown. Good luck with your descision!

3. Re: beaches or rose hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations