We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Dunn's River Naples Grande Luxe Honeymoon

Toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Dunn's River Naples Grande Luxe Honeymoon

I understand this room type is located in the Rialto building a 2 story building. I have seen a photo of this building, but not sure where the balconies open up to...Anyone stayed in this section of the hotel? is it better to request a specific room - level (upstairs or ground)? Are the lower level rooms private balconies or are people walking past in the gardens? Have been offered upgrade to oceanview Florence room, at a cost of $400.00 more...is it worth it?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Naples Grande Luxe Honeymoon

The Rialto building does not have private balconies … the second floor of both wings have one shared room-entry balcony/walkway. The first floor rooms have what I would call a semi-private (room-entry) patio (lattice like partitions between rooms). The walkway between the two wings is not right up against the patios (a few yards of space from patio to walkway) so it won’t feel like the traffic is bad, but there is nothing to obstruct the view of folks passing on the sidewalk and the people across in the other wing. The Florence upgrade gets you a private balcony and if that’s important the $400 might be worth it.

Denver
Level Contributor
26 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Naples Grande Luxe Honeymoon

Hi, I had the same question as we are looking to book Dunn's River and have never been there.

According to a chat with a Sandal's representative via the online chat "The second floor has a balcony in front of your room, but they are not private. It is like a deck for all of the rooms on the second floor "

But the patio is private...

Flowery Branch...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Naples Grande Luxe Honeymoon

Seavale hit it right on the head, butt, if I might add: both Rialto buildings have staircases at each end. so if you have an upstairs room instead of reaching your room via an interior hallway you walk along the railed walkway outside to your room. If you have a room on the ground floor, you can walk along a concrete pathway up to your door.. the upgrade is up to you. I'm sure whichever way you choose, you will enjoy SDR.

Happy trails.

Steve

i

4. Re: Sandals Dunn's River Naples Grande Luxe Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 05:18