We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples San Souci room block reviews?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Couples San Souci room block reviews?

Hi,

Just finished booking our room reservations for San Souci in January and wanted to ask if anyone had recommendations of room blocks to ask for? WE have a veranda ocean view and would love to hear what others have found.

Thanks,

MAtt

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples San Souci room block reviews?

My husband and I just returned from Couples San Souci. We were in Block B which I think is the best spot. The rooms face the ocean and they all have balconies. It is conveniently located near everything, beach, bar, restaurant pool,etc. You can see everything from your balcony. The Friday night gala takes place on the lawn right under your balcony...it's great. We like to be in the middle of the action, so this area of the resort was perfect.Keep in mind the way the resort is set up. There are so many steps to climb to get to the Balloon Bar, the Spa and the Mineral Pool. If your not in shape, it will take its toll on you. The resort itself is beautiful. It is an older resort, but they keep it immaculate. Our room had a huge bedroom, a sitting area with a couch, chair, and TV. The bathroom was large and has a big Jacuzzi in it. There is also two sets of sliding doors that go out to the balcony. It's a great place to have breakfast. One other feature the room has are frosted glass bi-fold doors, one in the hallway and one seperating the sitting area from the bedroom, which you can shut if your partner is still sleeping and you don't want to disturb them. You can still access the balcony because you have two different sets of door in which you can go out. Sorry I don't know where the Veranda rooms are so I can't comment on that. If you have any other questions, let me know. I just got back on 11/23 and I LOVE, LOVED IT!

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
501 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples San Souci room block reviews?

I am considering the verandah suites for a trip in December. I found a description from an online travel agency that stated they are block E. I have no way to verify this.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
501 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples San Souci room block reviews?

I just read several post on Couples message board that says that they are in DEFG and are ground level. F is above the balloon bar and G is highest up. It seemed that most people recommended G for better privacy. I would also assume that being higher would also provide a better view.

Good Luck

stray_chicken

Get answers to your questions about Ocho Rios
Recent Conversations