We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

La
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

Which of the two resorts would be best for a group of adults that like to have a great time.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

There is so much to do at the jewel especially with a group. It is also close to Ocho Rios and the closest hotel to Dunn"s River Falls.

They can set you up with group experiences at the hotel, such as your own room in the Jade Samurai and other restaurants.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

That's a tough call really.... No one knows yet what the Jewel will be like as it is the old sandals dunns river being reopened under a new name. If it's like the sandals was, it will be a fairly quiet and romantic resort.

Breezes Runaway Bay has established itself for several years now as one of the most fun/active all-inclusives on the island... one of the only ones that is geared for a group of friends more than just 'couples only' type of atmosphere.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Teesside
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

I've just stayed at the RIU Ocho Rios which is next door to what is to be Jewel. Walking down the corridor we saw the Jewel hotel preparing to open. To me it looks shabby and old. I couldn't believe it used to be a Sandals resort. Some of the rooms look out onto a nasty car park.

La
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

also looking at the superfun resort that was the old Hedo III. The only thing is the Superfun and Breezes Runaway bay are a little out of the way. The Jewel from what I understand is really close to things in Ocho Rios.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

The Jewel Dunns River is the place to be....close to your major attractions, and where else you have pool concierge "fuss over" you...they will swim to you in the ocean or pool with cocktails or fruit kebabs.....

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

dcraigg72 - Let me quote from the posting guidelines:

“If you'd like to participate in a discussion related to your business or a competitor's business, we ask that you clearly state your affiliation as a representative. Our members are entitled to this information so that they can be aware of any potential bias in your comments. A simple statement like, "Hi, I'm John from XYZ Tours," is sufficient disclosure.”

In other words, etiquette as well as TA posting guidelines requires you to disclose your affiliation with the Jewel.

La
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

Ok, I have checked with my travel agents and although I would love to give the Jewel a try they have not contracted with anyone yet and dont offer airline so in order to get the trip package discount I will have to choose another resort for now.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,617 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

there appears to be a number of Jewel employees on the board now who are answering questions about the resort without first identifying their affiliation. rasbrat too is an employee.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

Trying BRB this January, was at SDR (jewel) last January and it was GREAT!!!!! Plan on going back to Jewel next year hopefully, but would like to see Golf at Upton, as the golf was one of my favorite parts of SDR....

joliet il
Level Contributor
192 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stay at the Jewel Dunns River falls or Breezes Run a way Bay

The Jewel has recently signed with Apple Vacation and will also be with Funjet Vacations.

Both resorts are nice.

Had been to the Jewel when it was Sandals over 20x and we are going over New Years.

Also know the Gm at Breezes and know that he does great jobs at the properties he has been at.

The Jewel is closer to things in Ocho Rios so that could be a plus for them.

If you golf than Breezes would be a plus.

Either one would make a great vacation.