We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Now that the major consrtuction work has been carried out, this thread will provide reviews and discussion about the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort and Spa.

If you're looking for the truth before you go and not sure if you should choose the SJG then post your questions here.

Thanking all past and future forum members in advance for their valuable support and information.

Contact details are on the following site:

http://www.sunsetjamaicagrande.com/

New Castle, PA
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hey Westmoreland: Is all of the Red Strip at SJG draft or do they have bottled? One of our fellow travelers hates to drink draft beer. Is he out of luck?

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Cancunkid,

Nice to see you're the first on the thread. I believe it's draft but someone like JamaicaBoundagain can give a more positive answer to that one.

Look out for the new reviews which will be following each other week after week from now.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hi

We're going to be at SJG from 12-19 February, and we're travelling with My Travel from Gatwick. There have been mixed reviews on the airline - has anyone travelled with them? Are they really bad??????

Thx

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hi evie2603,

Welcome to the thread, I'm not sure what to say any more about My Travel are your concerns brought about because of the SG review or have you heard this from another source?

Did you see my reply to Iregirl? I just hope this will not be a great issue for UK travelers.

Just wondering which T.O. did you book your holiday.

There are other's going the same time as you, so keep watching the thread.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hi Westmoreland

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I haven't seen your response to Iregirl - I'll go back and have a look in a minute.

I'm only really asking because of some of the reviews. We booked our holiday over the internet with Thomas Cook.com so expected to fly with Air Jamaica (we went to Couples Ocho Rios in Oct 04 through Thomas Cook and Air Jamaica and had a wonderful time)

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hi again again Evie2603,

Please read my reponse on the following thread, just in case you have been searching sorry:

tripadvisor.com/…2377932

Thanks for letting me know who you booked with, I've been with First Choice before and I wasn't happy with the food or the times they served it. If Virgin could just drop their prices a little I would much rather go with them.

Smilerdownes, has gone with My Travel so look out for her review in about a week's time, as she knew my concerns before she went.

ONE LOVE!!

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hi all,

Very small but refreshing review in today describes the SJG as follows:

"Visitor from Manitoba, Canada, has a very fresh, open, warm and realistic approach to taking a vacation. That's the attitude folks should have when going to vacation, look for the positives in all things and the best will come forth for you.

Jamaica Grande should take note of this review and even try to better their best - you will become the jewel of the Caribbean - very positive."

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Hi all,

Here is a website address posted in by Nissan84 showing a video of the SJG:

www.hotelview.com/cobrand/default.asp…

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

It is a good video if you wanna see the resort, even though it is alittle older.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SJG Club Members - 2006-2007

Nissan84,

Thanks again, at least you've let everyone know it's not recent.

Just waiting for the reviews now, there should be three posted this week.