We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
273 reviews
Save Topic
3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

My girlfriend and I are debating weather to stay 3 or 4 nights. Are there other things to do around the resort that would take up a day or two. I really can only see myself staying on the resort for two days or so. Thanks.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

Are you serious? 7 nights!!!! 6 minimum, but you are going to go through one hell of a 2 hour ride to get there, then the same ride back. You will really regret not staying for a week. Airfare just costs too much not to stay

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

So in other words it is possible to take day trips to experience some culture?

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

We stayed there in 2008 when it was a Sandals property and never left the resort for 7 days. Except to do Dunns river falls, which took like 2 hours. We met too many fun people and had a good time for what the resort offered us. I always participate in the games and stuff they have during the day. Sitting at the pool just spectating will give you hours of entertainment. Some of the stuff is pretty crazy that the entertainers do.

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

There are many day trips that you can do as well oliver in the area to experience the culture. There is the infamous dunns river falls, the blue hole (which is absolutely amazing), fern gully, river tubing, coyaba gardens, bob marleys nine mile, etc....and if you go with private drivers they give you a personal experience that you would never have in a big tour bus full of people. The scenery in this area is breathtaking. I suggest at least a week.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

If nothing else, exploring Ocho Rios can take a few days.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

Just got back from a 5 night stay and wish i would have booked 7. Yes there are plenty of things to do if you feel compelled to leave the property. Dunns River Falls, Dolphin cove, The Mountain adventure place with the zip lining and bobsledding and things, Luminous Lagoon is not far (and awesome!), Downtown Ocho Rios, But Honestly, the resort itself is beautiful and i did not feel the need to leave the resort this trip except to go on a catamaran cruse out of ocho rios at sunset which was pretty fun.

Urbandale, Iowa
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

I knew they would back me up on staying 7 nights. On the 6th night, I wish i came eight. 7 is just never enough either

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

I booked for 10 days... :)

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

Thanks for all the advice. Can someone let me know of a trustworthy driver that will take us around for half a day? Any idea how much it cost to hire a private driver? Many thanks.

Port Perry, Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 or 4 nights at Jewel Dunn

I know of a few very good private drivers. Prices are on par with the big bus tours. We have booked "know jamaica tours" and also "yardie tours". But there is also "peat taylor tours" and "paul williams", that come very highly recommended on some posts here. You can just google any of these to see the websites. All of the booking info is on their sites. And they are all very quick to respond to your emails with answers to any questions you may have.